Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I have a goal of drinking 1,000 (I want to up it to 2,000) different beers in our lifetimes. At this point I think both of us are just over 200.

Anyone else have a goal like this? :confused: Are we nuts? :confused: How many different beers have you enjoyed in your lifetime? :al

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just visited Europe for 2 weeks earlier this month and in those 2 weeks I must have tried 30 -40 different beers (favorite was Erdinger from Germany). I was pretty surprised to learn that many Belgian and German beers are served at room temp. I dont know if I will ever reach 1,000 beers, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. :al

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
A friend and I have a goal of drinking 1,000 (I want to up it to 2,000) different beers in our lifetimes. At this point I think both of us are just over 200.

Anyone else have a goal like this? :confused: Are we nuts? :confused: How many different beers have you enjoyed in your lifetime? :al
I keep track of most of what I try on ratebeer.com. I have rated 234 different beers but have >40 that I haven't written up yet.

That is a noble goal in life. I wish you well.

Have you read the book Journeys with Barley? About a roadtrip in search for the best beer joint in the country. A beer road trip to drink different beers, camp and see the country sounds damned good about now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Wetterhorn said:

Ithink this guy claims to have done >1000

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Geez... when's the last time you think that guy saw his donger?

-------------------

That's quite a goal. Personally, I will never reach #'s like that. I prefer high gravity beers (trappist ales, abbey ales, dubbles, tripples, etc.). I can't stand beer with high hops content.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Sounds like an interesting concept, and you have a nice start!

My reason for likely not trying something like that is that instead of having my favorite beers when out on the town, I would feel I had to try something new...and most of them probably won't compare to your personal faves. So I will try new beers when something interesting comes along or in a different region/country/microbrewery, but usually I will stick to what I like. My faves are Guinness, Harp, Anchor Steam Porter, Bass and Negra Modelo.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Actually I went through a phase almost exactly like this. I think I got up around 200 or so before losing interest in keeping track. The ratebeer.com thing might be interesting though.

Oh, the answer to your second question is yes. For more reasons than this though ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was in Tulon, France some years ago. There is a bar there that has 120 different kinds of bear on tape there :D They serve them in what is called a girrafe necks, which is a liter of bear. In the two weeks I was there I tried 90 different bears. My fave was this Belgium bear that was so good but I dont recall the name. So I guess I have to go back and try all the bears again.

Nice goal by the way.

Steve

·
Registered
904 Posts
MM2(SW)S said:
I was in Tulon, France some years ago. In the two weeks I was there I tried 90 different bears. My fave was this Belgium bear that was so good but I dont recall the name. So I guess I have to go back and try all the bears again.

Steve
WOW Steve, 90 different bears and the best one you did you don't recall her name.

That's got to be a record man. Your back must be pretty clawed up :D

·
Call Me Mistress
576 Posts
That is an admirable and very abtainable goal. Congrats. I quite enjoy beer. I've tried about 30 beers in my short alcohol lifetime. Thanks to whoever suggested ratebeer.com! I can finally keep track of them all now.

I hope to just keep trying beers, I don't have a specific goal but I'll try anything at least once, most likely twice :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
My favorite brewing company is Rogue. God that is some good beer. Definetly try all of those you can esp. Dead Guy Ale and Shakespear Stout and Chocolate Stout and Imperial Stout.... oh god just try em all! :al

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.