Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can bring me up to speed on the 04 Hoya Epi 2? Thinking about getting a cab.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Lamar said:
Who can bring me up to speed on the 04 Hoya Epi 2? Thinking about getting a cab.
Lamar, I had a 5 pack a few months back that I assume were 04's. Was not impressed. They seemed to be in a sick period. I think the Epi #2's need a year or two to start getting good. Bruce5 gifted me one a while back that was very good. I thought he said it had a year on it.

·
-
11,412 Posts
give me a week and i'll let you know how some from a cab from Nov 03 are... i'm out of town and have 50 in route to the house by the time i get home.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have (had) a box from 04 Mar. Some were excellent, some very good, some good and a few was bad.

I think the tobacco used in the box I got was a little bit aged, anyway they tasted like I ve heard that a aged Hoyo Epi#2 should tast, cherry/chocolate-flavour, but i could always be wrong. Sad to say Ive just 1 left, I smoked one tonight, that was a bad one bitter-flavour. But a new box of Epi#2 is certainly on its way to my humidor in the near future. If its a 25 or a 50 cab, I cant tell right now but I think Im leaning on the latter case.

:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have some and they are terrible: they won't stay lit! The flavor is fine and when they are burning the draw is OK but I have to puff so much that they aren't worth the effort. I'm sure it's just a bad batch. It isn't a humidity problem as my other cigars are fine. I was tempted to throw them out but decided to let them age and see if that helps.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I tasted some during our herf from Mo and they were incredible! I think though that according to the above posts, it's a hit or miss. No one wants to pay LBS right now and especially mo's prices, but they were great! I was actually thinking of getting a 50 cab and splitting with Mr. Filly. They were so good that he started hording mine and he claims he doesn't like robusto sized cigars! :r

·
Registered
921 Posts
Lamar -
If you can find an Oct 03 50 cab. go for it. I think these are the best regular production robusto of 03 and 04. Yes, better than Cohiba or PSD4.

These came out of their sick period very early. Medium to full with great sweet earthy flavors. I have heard the early 04s were just as good, but have not had one personally. Let us know.

·
-
11,412 Posts
Bruce5 said:
Lamar -
If you can find an Oct 03 50 cab. go for it.
bruce, what's the factory code on your cab? the one that should be arriving at my house any day now is (i think) MPC NOV 03.

judging by replies on another board about that factory code in 03, i'm in for some very good smokes.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
filly said:
I tasted some during our herf from Mo and they were incredible! I think though that according to the above posts, it's a hit or miss. No one wants to pay (Sterling) LBS right now and especially mo's prices, but they were great! I was actually thinking of getting a 50 cab and splitting with Mr. Filly. They were so good that he started hording mine and he claims he doesn't like robusto sized cigars! :r
Uh!

That's SmokeyMo (Mitch).

Not MoTheMan (Mo).

Gawd, I only got to taste my first one just a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts