Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you guys out there in gorilla-land, I need some help. I've come across a vendor that has some '03 Cuaba Salomon's in stock and I was wondering how these are smoking? Anybody had any experience with them.

I've searched through the forum and found some good reviews on 'em and decided that I was gonna go ahead and get a box, at least just to try 'em out. So anybody know about the 03's?

Thanx again for everybody's help.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i've only had 1, and i'm pretty sure it wasn't very old, i'm saving the other for another time (when i'll have lots of it).

very good though :p

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
I smoked one the Sat before Mardi Gras and was not too impressed with what time had done for this one so far. These were 03's, and although the burn has come around alot since the first one I'd had, the flavor was not very impressive for such a large stick. Tasted more Honduran than Cuban. The first one, that burned awkwardly, tasted rich, creamy and all cuban. So although I think they are a great vitola and a great box for any collection, I am not sure I would get another box. But next year, I will smoke another one.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I usually don't like this line, but have a box of the 04 Salamones on the way in. You have piqued my interest.

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
Now I had my first ever Cuaba regular line Exclusivo last night, and I have to admit it's a unique taste. And not disagreeable. My Sallie was not remotely like that Exclusivo. But I have had better Sallies, and I think my next one will be better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love the cuaba line (from distinguidos to salamones to the diademas)... mostly dry and spicy...

The other day i was at a hotel lounge, and smoking a salamones... Got many remarks (male, female, smokers and non-smoker) how nice the cigar smells...

You cannot go wrong with the Salamones. It's got hint of everything (partagas spice, the subtle cohiba grassiness)...

JUST TRY IT!!... trust me :w

·
Registered
831 Posts
The BEST new cigar out there right now! YUMMMY! Very Cuaba tasting but much richer and very floral. A little spice. Had one for my birthday this weekend from 03 and let's just say I nubbed that little bastige! If I had the money, I'd buy a ton of these and smoke me! A great cigar with consistant burn and a very rich finish. A nice after dinner smoke for any occasion. In a word BUY!!!! :r

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
As for me, I'm with Filly on this one. I have two boxes of 04's resting because I enjoyed the 03 crop that much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts