What watch are you wearing today? - Page 89 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 1415Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #881 of 898 Old 10-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffer33 View Post
Wow I didn't understand before that the movement was curved too. That is pretty cool. Is the dial and Crystal curved as well?
Yes, the sapphire and dial are curved as well. The entire thing is curved, literally. It's so difficult to capture in photos though, for whatever reason.
Piper and huffer33 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #882 of 898 Old 10-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Movado Museum Classic.
Attached Images

Piper, JDom58 and huffer33 like this.
post #883 of 898 Old 10-27-2019, 03:24 PM

Nordgreen Pioneer. My wife bought this one for me for my birthday. It's a small boutique manufacturer that focuses on Scandinavian design and sustainability. Accompanied with the purchase of this watch was my choice of charitable contribution, to which I chose to provide one child in Africa with clean drinking water for 2 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191026_213016.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	261758  

post #884 of 898 Old 10-27-2019, 04:01 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
I chose to provide one child in Africa with clean drinking water for 2 years.

I imagine a small village of 30-40 somewhere in the Congo and everyday around noon a mysterious man wearing safari gear and a backpack strolls into the village amongst the daily hustle and bustle of village life. He quietly walks past the village women drawing dirty water from a dilapidated old well and kneels before Indembe (the recipient of your generosity) and while 8 other children gaze in envy, he unslings his backpack, pulls from it a 1 Liter bottle of Sparklets Purified Drinking Water that has been carefully packed in ice and pours it into a glistening clean glass. He hands the water to Indembe, who chugs it down instantly. He then retrieves the glass and returns it to his backpack next to the half empty bottle of water, slings the backpack over his shoulders and just as quickly as he came....he is gone.
Piper, zcziggy and Adarus21 like this.

"Life is like a sh!t sandwich....the more bread you have; the less sh!t you gotta eat." -My Father
post #885 of 898 Old 10-27-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1n3 n0m1n3 View Post
I imagine a small village of 30-40 somewhere in the Congo and everyday around noon a mysterious man wearing safari gear and a backpack strolls into the village amongst the daily hustle and bustle of village life. He quietly walks past the village women drawing dirty water from a dilapidated old well and kneels before Indembe (the recipient of your generosity) and while 8 other children gaze in envy, he unslings his backpack, pulls from it a 1 Liter bottle of Sparklets Purified Drinking Water that has been carefully packed in ice and pours it into a glistening clean glass. He hands the water to Indembe, who chugs it down instantly. He then retrieves the glass and returns it to his backpack next to the half empty bottle of water, slings the backpack over his shoulders and just as quickly as he came....he is gone.
lol, right ? I suspect they break down some very large project into a "per person" cost figure, and that's how I provide "one child" clean drinking water for 2 years. I'm sure they don't literally mean ONE kid gets to drink for two years
Piper likes this.
post #886 of 898 Old 10-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I figured as much.....but itís funnier the way I tell it. Lol
Piper and Yukoner like this.

"Life is like a sh!t sandwich....the more bread you have; the less sh!t you gotta eat." -My Father
post #887 of 898 Old 11-03-2019, 03:52 PM

Wearing my Harwood today. World's first automatically winding movement !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20191024_173127 (1).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	800.4 KB
ID:	262378  

post #888 of 898 Old 11-17-2019, 02:50 PM

Movado Luno in blue sunburst dial. I already have a Movado dress watch, but this one was such a good deal that, well, it was one of those things you don't pass up. I REALLY like the sunburst effect dials (not just from Movado, but anyone). It was very hard to capture as it's wintertime here now, so not much sunlight, but I think I got it a bit in the second pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20191116_142642.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	263404  

Name:	IMG_20191116_142612.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	263406  

Piper likes this.
post #889 of 898 Old 12-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

What watch are you wearing today?

So I love my BALL Fireman Glory, so much that I decided to buy the BALL moon phase Engineer II with blue dial.

Really these watches blow me away. These as far as fit and finish are up with any Swiss or Grand Seiko in Stainless Steel. I actually like this better than a similar Aqua Terra but the Ball Moon is so different. It has 28 yellow tritium tubes underneath a textured moon, so by day you see goldish colors on the moon while at night it glows a dull orange/yellow. The dark disc is what actually does the moving.

Anyhow. Wrist shot. Tapatalk is causing me issues, wanting more $$$

Failed the medium photo upload. Iíll try small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piper and JDom58 like this.

El Gringo Alto y El fumador de muchos pudos! -my Nica description.

Last edited by Champagne InHand; 12-09-2019 at 05:42 PM.
post #890 of 898 Old 12-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

My 617 on a very comfortable distressed gator strap custom made by Aaron Pimintel Bespoke.

Piper and Champagne InHand like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
today, wearing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page