Cigar Forums banner

Ride-Along Bomb!

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  MarshWheeling 
#1 ·
So a while back, @UBC03 offered to clean up my two old briar pipes since I'm getting back into pipe smoking. Of course, I accepted his gracious offer and dropped them in the mail, mostly forgetting about them between work stuff and getting a corncob and some new tobaccos to smoke. (That Cult Blood Red Moon is delicious, y'all.) The other day, he shot me a DM letting me know they were on their way back (which I appreciated even more considering that he was laid out with an injury over the past couple of weeks).

So today, the box shows up in my mailbox, awfully small and unassuming. About the right size for a couple of pipes, right? Well, I honestly wasn't prepared for all of the goodies he managed pack inside! Seriously, here's what I found:

Wood Personal care Office supplies Cosmetics Font

Not only am I just generally flabbergasted and thankful for such an unexpected hitchhiking bomb, but it's almost like Dino's been in my head: just the other night, I told my wife that I wanted to get another cob and a pipe lighter, and a few days ago, I lost a bid at the last minute for some Captain Black on CBid. So needless to say, this is all exactly what I've been looking for to round out the newfound pipe hobby.

Oh, and his work on the pipes was pretty freakin' stellar, too:

Hand Cabinetry Wood Finger Serveware

Hand Wood Cigar Finger Nail

I mean, come on. Those look better than I remember them looking when I bought them new! And they're basically totally different pipes than the ones I dropped in the mail all scratched and burned. Here's the thread with the pre-Dino restoration pics, if you want to see for yourself:

https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/...tion-forum/282416-coming-over-cigar-side.html

So yeah, I continue to be amazed at what a great place this is for those of us starting out on either side of the cigar-pipe divide.

And Dino, you're a gentleman and a scholar, and I truly appreciate both the extras and the work you put into the pipes.

-gp

See less See more
#2 ·
The pipe is for when you wanna REALLY embarrass the family.. that's what I use those giant cobs for anyway...

Glad they turned out ok. I left a layer of cake so they didn't require another break in period..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
The pipe is for when you wanna REALLY embarrass the family.. that's what I use those giant cobs for anyway...
Ha! I was thinking maybe I'd get a WWII-era army cap and some reflective sunglasses and wear the whole thing while I mow the yard. Our neighborhood's pretty quiet, and I think a Douglas-Macarthur-mowing-the-lawn routine might be just what it needs. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.