America - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
A Pimps love is different

America

Tonight's smoke was the CAO America. It was my first one. I had captured a 3 box of Bottle Rockets on the devil site a few months ago and they have been resting since.
I'll admit I try all the CAOs, and while I absolutely loved the appearance of this cigar, I really didn't expect great things from it. I think, psychologically, I was prepared for a big let down because of the flashy appearance.
Typical superb construction and draw I usually see with CAOs. It started very mild but it showed some promise. A little thin with leather and coffee. That soon gave way to a weird boring, and lingering, mid section. I thought it had become a dud at midpoint. Then, in the final laps, it seemed to come on full throttle with lots of leather. Very one dimensional, but it seemed to redeem itself. Its just that getting there took a little patience.
Beautiful cigar, maybe my favorite CAO in looks. Well constructed, nice burn. The kick in the final third is its highlight. It seemed so mild that I must have missed any complex flavors. It just had some really awkward moments in the middle. I don't know if that was my isolated sample so I'll hold verdict on this one until I've tried more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Not Here

Re: America

To me the America is more of a novelty. It is a decent cigar but nothing outstanding.

BIA!!!
post #3 of 12 Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 PM

I tryed one and didnt like it as much as the brazilia

post #4 of 12 Old 08-31-2009, 11:27 PM
I need a herf

this is one of my Fav CAOs. i think CAO is the only NC brand i still smoke. Heck at one point i hade a bigger CAO collection then any shop i have been into. the America, Soprano and mx2 are my all time fav nc cigars. But i wont smoke them with out a year of rest on them. I dont think ageing NC do a dam thing but a year of rest will help out a lot with the america.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Young Puffer Fish

Speaking of the Brazilia ,, im at work tonight but have some laid out for a little get together tomorrow night,,, cant wait!!! Anyway I have really enjoyed all the CAO's that i have tried,, which being a newbie has only been the Italia and the Brazilia ,,,,i do have a couple of the America waiting in the Humi,, but havent gave them a try yet.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-01-2009, 12:31 AM
I need a herf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_LL View Post
I tryed one and didnt like it as much as the brazilia
this is somthing that i have seen with a lot of brazilia/italia smoker. its like there is 2 types of cao smokers. one type loves the strong stuff and the other goes for the milder stuff, but they still love cao and swear by them. i dont see this with other lines like i do with cao.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Turd Burner

I like the America, look cool and from my experience burn pretty well, I just wish they came in a sleeve to protect them, I have the same complaint with the Sopranos, which I like alot but I feel are overpriced...
post #8 of 12 Old 09-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Disinterested

The CAO America seems to go along the lines of what most Europeans think of us; all FLASH and no Substance. It's a great looking cigar, but failed me in terms of flavor and complexity. I've only smoked one Monument, but it left me underwhelmed. I have another Monument in my humi, which will remain there, long enough to give it another chance.

Ya gotta remember, it's tough to be CAO. They have become the industry standard for introducing a new line every (at least) year. After a while, everyone runs out of unique ideas.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

I've always been interested in trying one. I still will just to judge for myself.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

i smoked the bottlerocket (7x50) on the 4th of july and i thoroughly hated it... zero complexity... just a straight dry tobacco taste... it was pretty though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
america

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page