Cigar Discussion Forums

Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/)
-   Music (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/music/)
-   -   What are you listening to? (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/music/5543-what-you-listening.html)

IHT 11-24-2004 03:13 PM

Re: What are you listening to?

oh, yep, i love that ska sound... voodoo glow skulls, less than jake... and the old stuff, way back to the skatalites... i could talk about the toasters or specials as well...

WillyGT 11-24-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friendoofop
Right on! There is just something about the german language (and Till Lindemann's voice) that makes metal something it could NEVER be in english. The power of his vocal tone and the german lyrics is amazing. Pick up 'Reise, Reise' yet? (did i spell that right?)

Usually for me, it looks something like this:

Tool
Cake
The Tea Party
Tool
Weezer
Some form of electronic-metal (Type O Negative, Rammstein, Powerman 5000, etc)
Tool

Yeah the language makes the music a lot different gives it a more hard core feeling. What about "reize, reize"? is that a new album? Ive only got Sehnsucht and Mutter albums.

friendoofop 11-24-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyGT
Yeah the language makes the music a lot different gives it a more hard core feeling. What about "reize, reize"? is that a new album? Ive only got Sehnsucht and Mutter albums.

Yeah...just released within the last few weeks. I've got Sehnsucht, Mutter, and Live aus Berlin. Never picked up Herzlied (their first), but the live record has at least half of those tracks on it anyway. I'll have to pick up the new one soon. I've heard two tracks, 'Amerika', in which Till sings a good bit of english, and rips the Ol' U S of A pretty good (the video is hilarious though and some of the lyrics are even funny - any of you guys ever took german in highschool and said "wunder...b..b.bra?" then you know what I'm talking about), and 'Mein Teil'. Both are in line with what you'd expect. I hope the rest of the album is as good.

WillyGT 11-24-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friendoofop
Yeah...just released within the last few weeks. I've got Sehnsucht, Mutter, and Live aus Berlin. Never picked up Herzlied (their first), but the live record has at least half of those tracks on it anyway. I'll have to pick up the new one soon. I've heard two tracks, 'Amerika', in which Till sings a good bit of english, and rips the Ol' U S of A pretty good (the video is hilarious though and some of the lyrics are even funny - any of you guys ever took german in highschool and said "wunder...b..b.bra?" then you know what I'm talking about), and 'Mein Teil'. Both are in line with what you'd expect. I hope the rest of the album is as good.

OK so ill be looking for it :D. and yeah i want to buy also the Live aus Berlin CD, good to know its good. :cool:

LasciviousXXX 11-29-2004 11:41 AM

I'm feeling a little fiesty today so I'm listening to AFI's "The Art of Drowning"

LasciviousXXX 11-30-2004 11:53 AM

Its a brand new day. Nice and cold and very upbeat. So I'm listening to Boston's "Rock & Roll Band"

zemekone 12-01-2004 12:13 AM

Jay-Z The Black Album...

WillyGT 12-01-2004 12:20 AM

Right now, Creedence Clearwater- Suzie Q :D great song

LasciviousXXX 12-01-2004 12:02 PM

Willy,
Never would have guessed you as a CCR fan. Cool, I saw them (sans John Fogerty of course) live a couple of years back when they came through town. I also saw Lynyrd Skynyrd (sans Ronnie Van Zant of course) that same year. Great bands to see live.

Matt R 12-01-2004 12:14 PM

Grabbed the newest Jonny Lang on the way out today. Growing to like it.