Help with a carry postol - Page 3 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 Old 10-29-2016, 11:23 PM
young puffer

go to your local gun shop and hold and holster the s&w shield performance center 9mm ( upgraded trigger and sights and less recoil with porting) and it has a safety. then the glock 43 9mm (no safety). the Taurus pt111 g2 - I would pass on . I have all three and the shield 9 gets carried most. I have three shields now ,the 9 the 40 and the 9PC and they just started 45ACP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 Old 10-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Puffer Fish with no spike

If you have to use your pistol at night on the streets / inside your house when the lights are off / in a position where you are grappling, on the ground, or fighting for control of your weapon if SHTF, using a ported handgun is going to probably be a less than ideal choice.
post #23 of 48 Old 10-30-2016, 07:14 PM
No longer a community member.

What ever you carry pray you never ever have to use it to defend your life or someone else's. As what you choose to do will happen in a split second. Then those judging if your actions were justified or not, will have all the time in the world to judge if your actions if were justified or not. It is better to run away from a fight if possible before using deadly force.

Last what ever you choose to carry, lean to use it with accuracy, learn to use it with the amunition you intent to carry, and learn to shoot accurately, and if you can not punch paper accuratly you had better find a firearm that you can shoot accuratly.

For many years I use to volunteer at a public shoot range, saw many customer come to the range to practice with firearm that could not shoot accurately.

One of the things I use to say over and over again to custmerrs were, If you shoot in self defense, you will be held both civilly & criminally liable for ever round you fire. The worst thing to do is shoot, miss your target, hit an inocent person who happens to catch the bullet you fired at a target you intended to hit.

Perfect carry gun is the one you can shoot accuratly, reload with ease, and shoot accuratly again.
poppajon75 likes this.

post #24 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 AM
An Old Retired Wiseguy!

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyFlake
I am a 1911 Guy, have been for many, many years. I have five 1911s, four are .45acp and one is a 10mm. I have a Springfield, a Sig., and three Rock Islands. When I open carry, which is not that often, maybe 30% of the time, I carry one of them. My favorite is pictured below, a RI Commander .45acp with a Custom Made Holster. I have put hundreds or rounds through that gun with never a hic-up and it shoots easy and to point of aim!

When I CC, it always my Sig P238 - .380 7+1, also pictured below.
It.s super reliable, super easy to shot and super accurate!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	94953  

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	94961  

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	94969  

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	94977  

post #25 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

The Smith & Wesson M&P Shield .45acp has become my everyday carry gun. In my job I get to try a lot of guns: Glocks, Colts, Kimber, Springfields, etc. I liked the S&W Shield 9mm I bought for the wife but it just ddn't fit my paw. I tried the S&W Shield in .45 acp and it ever so slightly larger than the 9mm but it so fits my hand. It is soft shooting and accurate. It fits my hand a bit better than the Springfield XDs .45acp. It is thin and conceals very well. It is one of those pistols that just flat works and feels like a part of your hand.

TonyBrooklyn likes this.
post #26 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 12:23 PM
young puffer

slowpoke is the 45ACP that good ? I was holding out on a performance center tuned 45ACP . I like the hi-vis sights and the trigger is smoother on the PC models
TonyBrooklyn likes this.
post #27 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Walking Contradiction

Get an officers size 1911, replace the slide and barrel with a 4.25 commander... Concealability, accuracy and the unbeatable stopping power and ergonomics of a 1911 in .45

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
TonyBrooklyn likes this.

"Only the dead have seen the end or war." - Plato
post #28 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 01:52 PM
An Old Retired Wiseguy!

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyFlake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerguy1584 View Post
Get an officers size 1911, replace the slide and barrel with a 4.25 commander... Concealability, accuracy and the unbeatable stopping power and ergonomics of a 1911 in .45

First I do not believe a Commander size slide will fit an Officer Size Frame. The Barrel would work, but not the slide!

Second, even if the above would work, why not just buy a Commanders Size 1911, it ends up the same length and only 1/2" taller in height with the above idea and would cost a lot of extra money due to extra parts?
TonyBrooklyn likes this.
post #29 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Walking Contradiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
First I do not believe a Commander size slide will fit an Officer Size Frame. The Barrel would work, but not the slide!

Second, even if the above would work, why not just buy a Commanders Size 1911, it ends up the same length and only 1/2" taller in height with the above idea and would cost a lot of extra money due to extra parts?

It does work, it will be my CCW when I purchase it from my father, I have shot it recently and it functions fine.

Reason for going with an officer frame is for concealability. That 1/2" makes a big difference in footprint under clothing, especially when carried on the hip. A bob tail would accomplish almost the same thing on a commander frame, but I really don't like the feel of a bobtail.

TonyBrooklyn likes this.

"Only the dead have seen the end or war." - Plato
post #30 of 48 Old 11-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Young Fish

I love my m&p 40 but have not held the shield yet. I have a buddy that carries his everywhere and has zero complaints. I had bought the lc9 for my wife and it's a nice little gun but with the regular mag it's too small for my hand and I tend to pull the shot a bit. The laser is a nice touch, especially for the quick transition from holster to target. Ruger does have a factory extended mag that allows you to take a full grip that I've tried at a few gun shows. I had tried the pro mag and it felt cheap and wasn't as smooth as the factory one IMHO. If I had the cash I would definitely be going for the Springfield EMP (27oz 9mm or 40) or maybe colt defender (25oz 45 or 9mm)

I hope Florida passes open carry as well! Did you know you can open carry in Florida if you are going to, while, or coming from camping, hunting, or fishing...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page