Cigar Forums banner

What's in your bowl?

931K views 35K replies 249 participants last post by  Piper 
#1 ·
Personally, I always found it rather superfluous that Puff had three separate "what's in your bowl" threads running simultaneously and divided by time of day. So how about we drop the other three and have just one from now on?

I'll start -

Yesterday morning, I packed a MM General with 2012 vintage Stonehaven. It was excellent. I think I actually like Stonehaven better in the morning with coffee than I do in the evening! It's a slow burning blend, so I didn't quite finish the bowl, even though my commute is an hour. So this morning, there was still a good bit of Stoney in my pipe....not enough for my commute, but too much to toss, so I just filled the rest of the bowl with Prince Albert and polished it off. Another very enjoyable smoke.

So...? What's in your bowl?

#21,445 ·
Hi guys. I've had some health issues for a bit.

Last night, I completed another blending to the ever evolving English blend. 2oz or tins of Ashton's Artisan blend, Louisiana Red bulk, old 965 bulk, then my first base blend I made 2 years back that had the best and different VA red and golden, Carolina Orange a time of Frogmorton along with black and gold Cavendish.

This is very tasty.

So far I've had 4 bowls. It's good to be able to puff again.
Welcome back! Hope you keep feeling better!

#21,450 ·
Hi guys. I've had some health issues for a bit.

Last night, I completed another blending to the ever evolving English blend. 2oz or tins of Ashton's Artisan blend, Louisiana Red bulk, old 965 bulk, then my first base blend I made 2 years back that had the best and different VA red and golden, Carolina Orange a time of Frogmorton along with black and gold Cavendish.

This is very tasty.

So far I've had 4 bowls. It's good to be able to puff again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope your doing ok, good to see you back posting

#21,457 ·
Now that is a sweet pipe :thumb:
Thanks Colin. I was familiar with Dunhill Shell and Ring briars, which have a black stain and shallow blast, but not with Cumberlands, which have a red/brown stain and brindle stem. I saw this one on an estate site at a very good price and was attracted by the deep, craggy blast. I couldn't believe someone had let such a handsome pipe go until I smoked it. For some reason, it's not a consistently great smoker.:frown2: I'm not giving up on it, however, because, as you say, it is sweet.