What's in your bowl? - Page 1622 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 107524Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16211 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 02:13 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
@JimInks, your pipe rack must be huge! I was just starting to dabble over here when you went on sabatcle, But I don't think I saw you mention the same pipe twice! Aside from your Prized former movie star owned pipes!! I'd love to see some pics of those some time!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

My pipe racks are overflowing, and some older pipes that I don't smoke much are in drawers. One table rack has two pipes in most of the holes. I seldom smoke the same blend or pipe twice in a row. I only do that when I am on vacation. I got into my "current" habit around 1980. I don't smoke a pipe again until I clean it. I like fresh, clean pipes and happily, I have enough that I can do it the way that I want to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16212 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 02:16 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
Rack? You mean a hutch/cabinet at the very least. I've seen some of the stuff he mentions on the auction block, I bet he's glad he isn't trying to by them now in 2019. My mind sees it like the wing of a museum or something.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I haven't bought many pipes in the last 16 years. Many of what I have gotten in that time were gifts or I inherited them from passed on friends. So, I don't need to add to my collection, though this Fall I will get a rare Peterson limited run pipe. And I'm always on the look out for a Peterson 4AB, which is very elusive.

More like a warehouse.
Piper, cory1984, Scap and 8 others like this.

Last edited by JimInks; 06-28-2019 at 02:52 AM.
post #16213 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 03:26 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInks View Post
I haven't bought many pipes in the last 16 years. Many of what I have gotten in that time were gifts or I inherited them from passed on friends. So, I don't need to add to my collection, though this Fall I will get a rare Peterson limited run pipe. And I'm always on the look out for a Peterson 4AB, which is very elusive.

More like a warehouse.
My question is, do you already have a 309 with a 4ab stem? No, it's not the original, but the look and feeling would still be rather nice. While still on the lookout for a 4AB obviously.
Side note: most of the XL20s I've seen didn't have the large band like the 4AB or the look-alike 309.

Piper, JimInks, Scap and 3 others like this.

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil

post #16214 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 03:53 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Half way through this bowl of 1999 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 1970s smooth medium bend Savinelli Autograph 5 Dublin with a pearl brown lucite ferrule and stem. Watching Hopalong Cassidy.
Piper, cory1984, Scap and 5 others like this.
post #16215 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 03:58 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
My question is, do you already have a 309 with a 4ab stem? No, it's not the original, but the look and feeling would still be rather nice. While still on the lookout for a 4AB obviously.
Side note: most of the XL20s I've seen didn't have the large band like the 4AB or the look-alike 309.

I had thought about doing that, but sending the pipe overseas to be fitted and all of that is too expensive for something that still isn't quite accurate. I have talked with a couple of the Peterson people about doing an accurate 4AB, and as there is interest in bringing that model back, they told me they would do it maybe next year. I've been on them a couple times about it, so we'll see if they do it.
Piper, Scap, OneStrangeOne and 5 others like this.
post #16216 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 04:37 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

F & K Merde de Cheval.
cory1984, JimInks, Scap and 5 others like this.

My Blog: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.com
Μy Youtube channel: tinyurl.com/p3lzsuk
post #16217 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 05:11 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Enjoyed some snacking, and am half through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1978 smooth full bend Dr. Grabow Omega with a black vulcanite stem. This will finish my smoking day. Reading baseball box scores.
Piper, cory1984, Scap and 3 others like this.
post #16218 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 07:13 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Back on a C&D Virginia Flake and Plum Pudding kick again.
cory1984, JimInks, Scap and 3 others like this.

I came into this world covered in someone elses blood and screaming. Im not afraid to leave it the same way.
post #16219 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid.Stavros View Post

F & K Merde de Cheval.
Merde de cheval is French for horse sh!t...that's not exactly an appealing sounding name for a blend...lol

I don't know what I don't know.
post #16220 of 23913 Old 06-28-2019, 08:42 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

A little Captain Black White before the sun rose this morning. Woke up with work on the mind, and a half bowl helped me forget about it.
cory1984, JimInks, Scap and 4 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page