Whats your latest pipe purchase? - Page 353 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 12563Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3521 of 4375 Old 07-06-2019, 09:05 PM
No longer a community member.

Its funny, you either get really good deals or things blow past the MSRP... Not as often on the pipe side though..

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
Piper, Scap, Fusion and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3522 of 4375 Old 07-06-2019, 09:13 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
Its funny, you either get really good deals or things blow past the MSRP... Not as often on the pipe side though..

I noticed a lot of stuff has been really high lately from bidders in high-tax states.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Piper, Scap and Fusion like this.

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
post #3523 of 4375 Old 07-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
I almost grabbed a blood red moon the other night and forgot to check back. I think it went for $8

$4.50
And I don't feel guilty at all.
Piper, Fusion, msmith1986 and 1 others like this.

I don't know what I don't know.

post #3524 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 03:37 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I was putting in a tobacco order with TobaccoPipes earlier and finally nabbed a Rossi 320 for cheap. I've wanted a Rubino 320 for a while but couldn't pass up the price for the Vittoria when I saw it. We'll see later in the week when it shows up.

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
post #3525 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post

I just paid for my last purchase I'll ever make on Cbid. I got a great deal on 1 tine of pipe tobacco for 7.50, and had bids on 3 other tins. The other tins went close to or over MSRP, so I gave up. Problem is, now I'm paying the standard shipping price for 1 item and the total ends up being more than MSRP. I think people work pretty hard to get multiple item in a ship week to make the shipping cost worth it. Problem is that if you get caught up in the nonsense, you end up over paying, regardless.

I'm just not built to participate in the bidding sites.

I typically only participate in "buy it now" on the "bay" for he same reason. Just too easy to get caught up in competition, for me.

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...
post #3526 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Just received 3 tins of Dunhill Flake and 1 tin of Dunhill Dark Flake to try. Paid a little on the steep end due to availability.

All that just to hear the news that Scandinavian Tobacco Group just announced that they will be producing and shipping Dunhill blends again. My timing always seems to be a little off. Oh well.

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...
post #3527 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnash View Post
I just paid for my last purchase I'll ever make on Cbid. I got a great deal on 1 tine of pipe tobacco for 7.50, and had bids on 3 other tins. The other tins went close to or over MSRP, so I gave up. Problem is, now I'm paying the standard shipping price for 1 item and the total ends up being more than MSRP. I think people work pretty hard to get multiple item in a ship week to make the shipping cost worth it. Problem is that if you get caught up in the nonsense, you end up over paying, regardless.

I'm just not built to participate in the bidding sites.

I typically only participate in "buy it now" on the "bay" for he same reason. Just too easy to get caught up in competition, for me.
I feel the same way Erik. I have never managed to "win" an eBay auction. Recently, I bid on a Castello fiammata greatline estate pipe, a relative rarity. My maximum bid was a little below what I estimated the pipe to be worth and twice the current bid a couple of days prior to closing. I had the highest bid until the final 10 seconds at which point another bidder outbid me by 10 bucks. I have no regrets because it left me with the money to buy a new greatline from Mike Gluker at Briar Blues but it pretty much quenched my interest in eBay pipe auctions.
post #3528 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnash View Post
Just received 3 tins of Dunhill Flake and 1 tin of Dunhill Dark Flake to try. Paid a little on the steep end due to availability.

All that just to hear the news that Scandinavian Tobacco Group just announced that they will be producing and shipping Dunhill blends again. My timing always seems to be a little off. Oh well.
well at least youíll have some to compare to the new stuff!
When I bid on a pipe Iíll place the highest Iím willing to go and I donít even check after that, if someone is willing to pay more, well so be it.
Jankjr, Piper, ebnash and 1 others like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #3529 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Postman did me well today, new pipes and a few tins, the pipes are in nice sanitized condition, both take a pipe cleaner and im happy with them. Looks like the one with the carving has a replacement stem but for $65 i can live with that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2881.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	252566  

I gently bent one each into my nostrils, then put the remaining one in my mouf. --droy1958
post #3530 of 4375 Old 07-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

WCC Slices and some Doblone d Oro, for a Burley nut like me the Slices are like crack!
Whats your latest pipe purchase?-89b30fd3-873c-4f35-9780-bd6fcd32defa.jpg

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
latest, pipe, purchase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page