Rant! - Cigar Discussion Forums
 107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Rant!

WTH is wrong with people. My parents have gotten 2 new neighbors in the last few years. Before that my parents, both 78, were the young ones on the lane(half mile dirt road that dead ends at the farm). They moved in on the day I was born 46 years ago. Never had a problem. The only time the cops were ever on that road, was when my best friend was patrolling out there and would stop at my mom's for a home cooked meal. Now the cops are out there AT LEAST once a month. Last week a bunch of cops in full gear with assualt rifles went running through my parents yard while we were on the front porch. Today my dad was picking empty beer cans outta the yard that someone tossed out their window. Guessing it was the trash that lives down the road or their friends. The frequent fliers with the police. They drive by flip off my parents, yell obscenities at the neighbor across the road(she's almost 90 and her husband just had a stroke). All because they asked them to shut their windows if they're gonna scream at each other all night. It was a neighborhood where the crickets were the loudest thing around. Now there's drunks doin 50 down a dirt road yelling at people.

The constable stopped at my parents and the neighbors to tell them that the drunk at the end of the road reported them for cutting her fence and letting her horses out. He told her maybe the tree laying across the broken fence was the culprit.

It just sucks that my parents have lived out there for damn near 50 years in peace and quiet. Now they've gotta deal with this crap.

The other neighbor is a 40yo women that decided she wanted to live in the country. She's got a 2 wheel drive car that my dad's has to pull out at least 3 times a winter. She has no mower, so my dad has to cut her grass. He's very particular about his yard, cuts it three times a week. So she lets hers go because she knows it drives him nuts and he'll cut it because it makes his lawn look bad. She's a nice lady but very ill prepared for living in the middle of nowhere.

So all in all, in the last few years, my parents have gone from a place where everyone helps everyone, sits on each other's porches and talks about farming and yard work in the evenings. To living in a place where they don't even want to go in the front yard.. makes me sick but as I was told today. I gotta keep my nose out of it or I'll be the one that ends up in jail.

Thanks for letting me vent..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 09:29 PM
No longer a community member.

People equal [email protected] Dino. Today at work, a coworker called mena f**k**g moron, and I'm the one that "Has a bad additude" for putting him in his place when he was "just joking around" i miss the days when you could solve a problem, should one arise, but rarely had to, because people respected each other.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
post #3 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 09:43 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I feel ya. The small rural county I grew up in in southern Indiana, which used to be full of good, God-fearing, salt of the earth folks, is now mostly populated by meth cookers and people that’ll only stop by your house to rifle through your medicine cabinet when you’re not looking. It’s a sad state of things in a lot of places these days.
UBC03 and Dran like this.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” --J.R.R. Tolkien

post #4 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I could answer, but then you would have to give me a time out from the forum.
I'll say that when you treat the lowest level of your society as victims and cater to their every whim, they are going to grow exponentially.
We used to police the behavior of others amongst ourselves. There was an accepted level of behavior that everyone was expected to aspire to.
When it is legal to take drugs and marry someone of your own gender, when victims are treated like criminals and criminals like victims, when the government pays for welfare cases to live better than hard-working middle class, then behaving like lowlife, ignorant, rude trash becomes nothing.
Yeah, go ahead and ban me.

Go Ducks!

Last edited by Humphrey's Ghost; 07-14-2019 at 11:44 PM.
post #5 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Thr problem is city people are moving into the country and bringing the screw you attitude with em. It wouldn't of flown 30 years ago, when these older people were in their prime. Back when if you knocked on someone's door after dark you could hear the shotgun rack before they answered. That's a fact. My car broke down one night on my way home. I had to walk a bit to get to where people lived. Apparently it was broadcast that some long hair was walking around at 11 o'clock. The first house I went to the guy was on his porch with a 30/30 in his lap. Fortunately he new my parents. Took my mom about 20 minutes to get me. By then it looked like an armed block party. About 10 people walked and drove over to see who I was.

Dran, Flaco_ and Ren Huggins like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #6 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey's Ghost View Post
I'll say that when you treat the lowest level of your society as victims and cater to their every whim, they are going to grow exponentially.
We used to police the behavior of others amongst ourselves. Their was an accepted level of behavior that everyone was expected to aspire to.
When it is legal to take drugs and marry someone of your own gender, when victims are treated like criminals and criminals like victims, when the government pays for welfare cases to live better than hard-working middle class, then behaving like lowlife, ignorant, rude trash becomes nothing.
These people have quite a bit of money. They let that be known often.. Just cause you're rich doesn't mean you can't aspire to be low life trash..

post #7 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 10:23 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
We used to police the behavior of others amongst ourselves. Their was an accepted level of behavior that everyone was expected to aspire to.
Im with ya on all but one piece humph, same sex marriages have little to do with mistreatment of other humans, being gay doesn't make someone a bad person or automatically mean they have no respect for others. Generation of society enouraging people to be sociopaths amd only care about themselves.... Now that's a problem. Smoke what ya like, like what ya smoke!

TonyBrooklyn and S&W like this.
post #8 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Friend of mine told me years ago..." watch out when people start transferring the attitude they have on social media to real life" . Guess people are getting used to not have any real repercussions or consequences for their actions.

Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #9 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
Im with ya on all but one piece humph, same sex marriages have little to do with mistreatment of other humans, being gay doesn't make someone a bad person or automatically mean they have no respect for others. Generation of society enouraging people to be sociopaths amd only care about themselves.... Now that's a problem. Smoke what ya like, like what ya smoke!

Quote:
Yunz guys know the drill. Didn't think this could swerve into the political lane.. my bad. Keep it between the lines.

post #10 of 23 Old 07-14-2019, 11:33 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

This is common when cities grow beyond capacity and unaffordable to stay for many. They can either choose to live in a bad area, or move outside the city into rural areas where they can get more bang for their buck. They are not farmers or country folk, just inner city trash trying to find some land. Not everyone is like that but unless you live in the country with some real land (20+ acres), or in a farming community where land is not available/affordable, then you are subject to earth's growing population. I was on 10 acres of plush land surrounded by beautiful homes and then some new people moved in with their 5 cars/trucks and swamp buggy out front, doing wheelies on their dirt bikes down the road at midnight drunk and the back window in their 12" lifted truck said "white trash with cash"... you either deal with it, or move.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Cigary likes this.

Try not and talk about yourself, it will be done when you leave.:ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page