Cigar Forums banner

Hey y'all

1K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  kacey 
#1 ·
Last weekend Malcolm and I smoked our first cigar in years (a Padron 3000 natural) and I got to thinking about this place, and some of y'all. I figured that at least a few of y'all wouldn't mind a positive update.

Something I wanted to say first. Regretfully, I didn't have a lot of reservations in being open about the conditions that led to being so incendiary at times (and other TMI details). I don't remember many specifics in terms of whom, but I recall handling being bent out of shape poorly on a multitude of occasions; to those folks, I apologize. Some of you were more patient and understanding with me than could be reasonably expected of you, and I appreciate that. I'm looking at you, @Cigary, @curmudgeonista! :grin2:

That said, things are going great for both of us. I won't speak for Malcolm, but. Just about every facet my life (including dealing with the aforementioned woes) has improved dramatically since my time here. It comes as a surprise to me how quickly things can get better for you once they start to improve. Perceptions shifted, I quickly took a big step back from political stuff, which was one of the best decisions. Currently, we're working on having a wee one, and saving our pennies to get a (possibly off-grid) place in the country. Not much I can complain about, I feel like things can only continue to go upward, and if they don't, I'm well-prepared for it. :vs_cool:

I hope that y'all are doing alright. Share updates! Post cigars and/or guns and/or knives! @champagneInHand;, @Rondo, @lostmedic, @elco69 all the other regulars I didn't piss off irredeemably :vs_laugh:

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome back Amie. I don't recall anything being as contentious as you seem to have convinced yourself. You are always welcome here. And very glad to hear life is going well for you.

There are a lot of new faces on Puff since you went on cigar hiatus. Some of the old crew still poking around too, but a lot of MIA's as well.

I'm still stacked deep on contraband cigars - I think I sent you a few way-back-when to introduce you to the darkside. But too many too well stashed to offer much in the way of pics. This is an old one, but the deep-keep still looks pretty much the same:

Wood Musical instrument Publication Hardwood Metal

Modus is still going strong. Can't remember if you were still hanging out when we introduced the Modus II cigar tool, but it's been very well received and is arguably quite an improvement over the original:

Brown Liquid Cosmetics Office supplies Fluid

I've been playing around with rimfire rifles a good bit lately, which in fact led me to a new product for my line - Speedloaders for tube-fed 22 rifles that are selling like hotcakes. That said, my proudest new acquisitions are a pair of custom Ruger 10/22's I built up from scratch (magazine-fed, not tube):

Plant Air gun Military camouflage Trigger Machine gun

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Wood Shotgun

And another I found at the pawn shop for my son mostly already done up - just tweaked a few things:

Plant Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

#7 ·
Welcome back Amie. I don't recall anything being as contentious as you seem to have convinced yourself. You are always welcome here. And very glad to hear life is going well for you.
Thanks. It's not that I was trying to convince myself of anything, more over that my memory of that time is not very good. Well, in general I guess. I'm glad to hear that there wasn't anything that contentious! :laugh2:

Yeah you did send me some contraband! I remember having PLMC and digging it a hell of a lot. I ended up re-homing a bunch of them to Rondo later when I threw in the towel. It was hard to invest my coin in NC after having a few CC, they all felt so anti-climactic. :vs_laugh: You also (inadvertently) got me hooked on those little VS corojo cigarillos. Unfortunately though, my sense of taste seems to kind of be on the downswing; I didn't like my Padron 3000 a lot, I had a puff of his LFD double ligero afterward, and I got a lot more flavor from that. C'est la vie

Rimfire stuff is great, those guns are gorgeous! We recently got a Tanfoglio SAA clone in 22 and it's a blast to shoot. Lightest trigger pull I've ever seen. Would like to eventually buy a Henry levergun in 22 once we have our own property. I like lever guns, but honestly I'm a little concerned that if I get something semi-automatic like a 10/22 it will negate the cost savings of shooting 22 because I'll be too tempted to do mag dumps. :vs_laugh: Can a gal get a link to your speedloader? :vs_OMG:

#9 ·
Great to see you Amie. I think of you and your great contributions occasionally.
Not long ago a noob purchased some Blood Red Moon and I told him, a well respected Puffer once accurately posted those taste like “dirt and shame”. I smiled so much it hurt. Serendipity at it’s best.
If you need any enabling, you know where to look.

#20 ·
I ended up not doing that for a few reasons, I've been doing leatherwork. Mostly custom sheaths thus far, but I'm going to branch out.
This is the last one I did; client wanted a combo scout carry/dangler for his shortened 1866 French Chassepot bayonet, so I obliged.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.