Vaping - Cigar Discussion Forums
 116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Vaping

Ok.. I know,I know, I know.. I've bashed this hobby ALOT.

But I'm thinking about giving it a go. I've been smoking for 34 years and I'm thinking it's time to give quitting a shot. Well actually Rhon, the girls, the grandson and the "irregularity" they found on my lung say I should quit.

I was gonna try chantix but I've heard some really bad things about that stuff.

So I'm looking for advice from anyone that has any experience with this crap.

What to buy, how much nicotine is enough, pens or those [email protected] machines, what is salt , how long do the batteries last in those things. Any advice I can get. I don't trust the sales people in those vape shops, they're like 12yo..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Matt_21 and Dran like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:09 AM
No longer a community member.

I'd start with a JUUL and go from there. Very little investment and they sell them everywhere now. I don't vape, but my best friend does. He just quit using his $100+ vape setup and went to the JUUL. Its cheap and easy to carry around. About the size of a USB drive.
Alrightdriver likes this.
post #3 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:13 AM

The full out starter kit is about 50 bucks and after that each "pod" or refill is just under 4 bucks or 15 bucks for a pack of 4.

post #4 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSmoke View Post
The full out starter kit is about 50 bucks and after that each "pod" or refill is just under 4 bucks or 15 bucks for a pack of 4.
My mother had that. I tried em, they came in menthol and some nasty "tobacco" flavor. I wasn't a fan. Not as bad as a del sol, but still nothing I'd wanna smoke everyday. 11

Dran likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:34 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

I've got a plethora of smart arse comments but the irregularity thing ain't funny....hope ur ok. guy I work with is big into vaping and has a few of those machine things ranging from $50-$250...he gets the separate pieces off of different sites and puts em together...according to him its a big money saver doing it that way. he's always smoking some weird "vape juice"...I can recall peach rings and raspberry jam apparently there's a ton of flavors out there
post #6 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:43 AM

I dont know anyone that has stuck with a juul for long, battery life depends a lot on how much you're ripping on it, but my dual battery box usually lasts all day. I don't have a clue what the salts are. Best bet, IMHO, is to a pen type setup initially to see if its something that you can stick with. And then invest in a midgrade box... A decent pen will set you back $40-50, a box, $60-70. 6mg of nicotine is a good start point. The fluid can get expensive if you buy the manufactured stuff, but i make my own and enough to last me a week costs about $3 to make, as opposed to $60+ for commercial stuff. But starting off the commercial is best until you learn what flavkrs you like. Good luck dino! PM me with any questions you have that i didnt answer here.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
UBC03 and OneStrangeOne like this.
post #7 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:56 AM

I'm not a vaper and don't know much about it but, I did want to say, Lee got the Champix or whatever its called to try quitting. It curbed her cravings and soon cut her down to a flavoured Colt a week or so instead of half a pack a day. She didn't notice any adverse side affects. No bad dreams or anything. She's quite glad she decided to try it.
I know everyones different and reacts differently but, maybe keep it as a back up option.
Good luck quitting Dino. I've been watching dad quit for 30 years. Hope you can kick it a bit faster than that.
post #8 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:58 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I quit 3 times smoking cigarettes, last time was 1988 and have never smoked anything until I started with the cigar hobby 2 1/2 years ago. Of course completely different than cigarettes. I remember trying Nicoret gum, nasty stuff after a couple days I trashed it and went cold turkey. It was difficult for me to say the least but I did it and was hard to be around the first year.

My understanding was at that time anyway that in 3 days your body is clear of nicotine and in 7 years your lungs are back to normal. It was the physiological part that was so hard to overcome. If It was me today, I would go for hypnosisís, and kick it to the curb. Iíve seen that work for many.

Some people use the patch but if itís true that after 3 days itís all Physiological whatís the use in tappering the nicotine. Just my opinion. Again Iím relating to 30 years ago.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #9 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderduro View Post
I've got a plethora of smart arse comments but the irregularity thing ain't funny....hope ur ok. guy I work with is big into vaping and has a few of those machine things ranging from $50-$250...he gets the separate pieces off of different sites and puts em together...according to him its a big money saver doing it that way. he's always smoking some weird "vape juice"...I can recall peach rings and raspberry jam apparently there's a ton of flavors out there
Feel free to let loose the [email protected] comments. I deserve em..The spot's about the size of a quarter of a playing card. They said it's probably scar tissue from something I inhaled, but it needs to be monitored every month. I've inhaled alot of bad crap in my line of work, so hopefully it's just that.

post #10 of 65 Old 02-17-2019, 10:04 AM
‾‾į‾į‾‘‾į‾į‾‾

Hope the irregularity is nothing. I can see where vape could help you get off cigs. If I were to ever try it I would go with the Juul. Its small and would fit in my pocket comfortably. They have a few flavors to choose from. https://www.juul.com/shop/pods

Few coworkers vape. Listening them talk about their mods, tanks, coils, juice, etc.... is like hearing a foreign language.
Your about to slide down another rabbit hole.
Good luck.
Champagne InHand, UBC03 and TxColt like this.

Only a little bit, I was able to get it in the truck without a forklift,,, - OneStrangeOne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page