Mini rant - Page 4 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 236Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 60 Old 10-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner View Post
The title was "MINI" rant - lol
You should read some of my major rants which would rival War and Peace.
Piper and msmith1986 like this.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 Old 10-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Trust Me, I'm Not Lion

Maybe it's just me, but "PG" seems a bit sissy for what already exists on this forum... use the search tool if you don't know what I'm talking about
Blunt Rapper likes this.

I <3 Cigars
Temporary Ban 30 days
post #33 of 60 Old 10-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
Maybe it's just me, but "PG" seems a bit sissy for what already exists on this forum... use the search tool if you don't know what I'm talking about
Not sure what you're referring to specifically, but the bulk of older threads were posted under previous ownership, and, presumably, different outlooks on how the forum presents itself... too much to go back and bring up to current spec, but there is also too much valuable content to just wipe it all out.

And, of course, sometimes things get by us. Show me anything recent that's over-the-top (by PM or by hitting the "report" button) and I'll be happy to clean it up.

If you are pleading the case for Puff to be treated as an R-rated forum going forward, don't bother; it ain't gonna' happen!
bpegler, Cigary, UBC03 and 4 others like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain

post #34 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 01:05 AM
PG Rated Puffer

Yeah. I appreciate the subtle and universal approach you took with this. I however, like to take responsibility for my actions and would prefer members weren't worried about something they did or said, if this is directed at me.

I saw someone thought my post was a little harsh. I re-read it and didn't find it to be vulgar or inappropriate for a site I assumed was only being read by adults. I did feel like I was jumping to conclusions and reacting harshly for no reason, so I made another post explaining I was out of line.

I got a PM informing me I made someone uncomfortable and my post was deleted. I did not intend to make someone feel uncomfortable and respected your decision to remove the post. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post, but I thought everything was good.

You have to realize in 2017, a stage is a place you can (and most do) say whatever they want and feel free to do so. I was not trying to push any envelopes or see what I could get away with. As I said I did not feel my post was as horrible as you did, but now that I know, I have no issues with you asking for me to not include that type of language in my posts. I am new and I saw this as cigar lounge. I would not bring a child to a cigar lounge and I guess I hoped members who use this site weren't sharing it with their children. I will definitely make sure I think twice before typing something I do not want kids to read.

I am new. I did read the rules when I joined. It took about 5 minutes of being a member to see every one of the listed rules get broken by long time members of the forum. I do not see this as a bad thing (its 2017), but I guess I shouldn't have assumed it was okay for me.

I understand you were just really shaken up by what I wrote and wanted to vent and I respect that. I just wanted to make sure you understood it was not my intention to shock anyone or make them feel uncomfortable. I apologize and hoped this was over when my post was deleted, but I hope now that you got to rant and see my side of the story we really can put this to rest.

A cigar is like a good friend. You can keep 'em around until you need one or you can invite them over everyday just to shoot the breeze. - Blunt
post #35 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 03:09 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt Rapper View Post
Yeah. I appreciate the subtle and universal approach you took with this. I however, like to take responsibility for my actions and would prefer members weren't worried about something they did or said, if this is directed at me.

I saw someone thought my post was a little harsh. I re-read it and didn't find it to be vulgar or inappropriate for a site I assumed was only being read by adults. I did feel like I was jumping to conclusions and reacting harshly for no reason, so I made another post explaining I was out of line.

I got a PM informing me I made someone uncomfortable and my post was deleted. I did not intend to make someone feel uncomfortable and respected your decision to remove the post. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post, but I thought everything was good.

You have to realize in 2017, a stage is a place you can (and most do) say whatever they want and feel free to do so. I was not trying to push any envelopes or see what I could get away with. As I said I did not feel my post was as horrible as you did, but now that I know, I have no issues with you asking for me to not include that type of language in my posts. I am new and I saw this as cigar lounge. I would not bring a child to a cigar lounge and I guess I hoped members who use this site weren't sharing it with their children. I will definitely make sure I think twice before typing something I do not want kids to read.

I am new. I did read the rules when I joined. It took about 5 minutes of being a member to see every one of the listed rules get broken by long time members of the forum. I do not see this as a bad thing (its 2017), but I guess I shouldn't have assumed it was okay for me.

I understand you were just really shaken up by what I wrote and wanted to vent and I respect that. I just wanted to make sure you understood it was not my intention to shock anyone or make them feel uncomfortable. I apologize and hoped this was over when my post was deleted, but I hope now that you got to rant and see my side of the story we really can put this to rest.
Let me be clear here... There were more than one person who was offended by what you said in the post and as one of the moderators who has been here for the last decade I defy you to find anything that even comes near as to what you said in your post... It was crude and it was more than offensive and if your sensibilities are about looking for R and X-rated materials so that you can post as such... then you'll need to find another forum that will allow such because it isn't welcome here. We have sisters of the leaf who we try and welcome into this forum and I am embarrassed for them that they would stumble across the kind of vulgarity that you posted and if that doesn't send a message to you that it is not welcome here... then you can PM me and I will make it perfectly clear to you without reservation that you will understand in plain and simple English. Should you decide that you have thought about this and want to publicly apologize for trying to raise the issue again then I will consider that as part of how I proceed forward. I eagerly await your private message to me.

You seem to think that you can define the Rules here and talk your way around them....your answer to what Jack told you as far as him ranting is out of line...he was cutting you some slack....I won't after this post from you. Think before you respond and make sure it's in a P M to me.
msmith1986 likes this.

post #36 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 03:15 AM
PG Rated Puffer

I didn't find it to be offensive and I did not mean to disgust anyone. It has been made clear it was and I did. I thought I had made it clear I understand the issue people had and that I will no longer post anything of that nature. I apologize to anyone I offended.

A cigar is like a good friend. You can keep 'em around until you need one or you can invite them over everyday just to shoot the breeze. - Blunt
post #37 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt Rapper View Post
I didn't find it to be offensive and I did not mean to disgust anyone. It has been made clear it was and I did. I thought I had made it clear I understand the issue people had and that I will no longer post anything of that nature. I apologize to anyone I offended.
I don't care if you didn't find it offensive....you've now been told twice...what part of this don't you understand? Do you think for one second that this is up for debate and that you still want to post that its OK? It isn't...your thoughts as to it being perfectly OK tells me that you'll do this again because your apology is empty. You're only sorry you got disciplined and giving you a warning was a waste of time...do you understand that posting stuff like that will not be tolerated becuz I am not confident you do. I can't make you understand something you're not capable of. Can you assure me there won't be another such episode?

post #38 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 03:39 AM
PG Rated Puffer

[quote=Blunt Rapper;4871481]I didn't find it to be offensive

****The rest of this post was redacted ......the Member continued to post publicly when he was asked to stay in the private message conversation with me but continued to maintain that it was not offensive and kept posting in the public venue when asked not to do so.

Last edited by Cigary; 10-10-2017 at 06:21 AM.
post #39 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Edited for content

How many times do I have to tell you to keep this conversation private and here you are again doing what you want to do without considering what I asked you and yet keep this conversation going in public... Unacceptable!

post #40 of 60 Old 10-09-2017, 03:46 AM
PG Rated Puffer

Edited for content....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page