Cigar Discussion Forums

Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/)
-   General Cigar Discussion (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/general-cigar-discussion/)
-   -   Any scoop on the Bait Fish cigars? (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/general-cigar-discussion/172427-any-scoop-bait-fish-cigars.html)

quincy627 12-07-2011 04:47 PM

Any scoop on the Bait Fish cigars?

I just got this in my email and wondered if anyone has any scoop on these.

Drew Estate MUWAT Bait Fish

Vitulla 12-07-2011 04:53 PM

Re: Any scoop on the Bait Fish cigars?

check a few threads down...available in 3 hours

Vitulla 12-07-2011 04:54 PM

quincy627 12-07-2011 05:11 PM

Right, I got the same email. I was wondering if these are anticipated to be a hit or just another Drew Estate.

loki993 12-07-2011 05:42 PM

Have you had the regualr MUWAT? Its supposed to be a stronger smaller version of that. If you like the MUWAT you should like the baitfish. Ive been looking forward to it because I really like the MUWAT and it'll be a perfect winter cigar.

quincy627 12-07-2011 05:54 PM

Gotcha, thanks!

thegoldenmackid 12-07-2011 09:49 PM

I finalized the blend with JD. It's unlike any other MUWAT. Lot stronger (flavor), strength is a bit more, but the size difference makes this sort of negligible. I don't care for the regular MUWAT flavor profile that much, I much prefer Bait Fish.

quincy627 12-07-2011 10:38 PM

Guess I will find out. Dropped some coin for the 5'er.

StogieNinja 12-07-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid (Post 3451018)
I finalized the blend with JD. It's unlike any other MUWAT. Lot stronger (flavor), strength is a bit more, but the size difference makes this sort of negligible. I don't care for the regular MUWAT flavor profile that much, I much prefer Bait Fish.

Charlie, how does it compare to the Undercrown? I've avoided the MUWAT so far based on the 60rg, which is too big for my liking, so I haven't really read anything on the blend itself.

Edit: I bought a fiver of the Bait Fish on impulse, so I guess I'll find out regardless :P

thegoldenmackid 12-07-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons (Post 3451100)
Charlie, how does it compare to the Undercrown? I've avoided the MUWAT so far based on the 60rg, which is too big for my liking, so I haven't really read anything on the blend itself.

Edit: I bought a fiver of the Bait Fish on impulse, so I guess I'll find out regardless :P

Heavier. Mexican wrapper comes through for me. Fewer flavors, much more condensed, about as developed. There are some complexities I find in Undercrown, in the limited Bait Fish I've had, which is still more than most, I haven't gotten any of these.