I guess I put too much distilled water on my beads let them stay wet for too long because they've got black mold on them in spots. Even when they dry out I re-wet them. Anybody else ever have this problem? Is there a cure? I know bleach kills mold but, even if I rinse the beads off real good and let them completely dry out, my gut tells me not to try this (Duh!) Any suggestions?
I recently did the same thing. I let them dry out and picked out all the ones that were covered in mold and tossed them. The rest I recharged and put them in a Humidor that dosen't have cigars in it for about a week, to see how they would do and no mold ever came back.
Don't put any chemicals on them, let them dry out completly, wipe with soft cloth. You can put the beads in the oven at 225 or 250 to dry them out.
I realize that this is resurrecting an older thread. However, approximately how long did it take for the beads to completely dry?
In addition, and if the beads had some (less than 2%-5%) black (possible mold) spots, will exposing the dried beads to natural UV (direct sunlight) kill/remove the spots or is it necessary to sort the beads. Keep in mind that the dried and now smaller beads will be more difficult to identify.