Cigar Forums banner

Favorite big brand

4K views 38 replies 28 participants last post by  Sun Grown Pilon 
#1 ·
Whats everyones favorite big cigar company? I would say mine is perdomo. Alot of stick variety and I cant say I have had a bad one yet.

#2 ·
The list is endless....and kills my cigar budget...at one point was working part time consulting which thank God brought in good money.... . I was already retired but the addiction was overwhelming so the part time job was the answer. .$150 consulting fee per hour and working 5 hours a month to buy my cigars was becoming a sickness

Reactions: Kopuffer
#12 ·
Obviously people have different ideas of what constitutes a "big brand". Several smaller boutique brands I like (some mentioned here already ¿WTH?), but the only one I consider truly a BIG brand (NC) that I'm a BIG fan of is Padron.

#14 ·
Well being the FNG, with limited budget since my daughter burnt the rings and blew the head gasket in my beloved 2003 4Runner. (after 11 years of Law Enforcement, I feel I could start a “consulting firm” for the majority of the dumbasses I deal with .....$150 an hour for marginally legal advice sounds right....ha.

Right now My cigar budget is working an Auto Auction who’s beefed up security since they fired an employee and he’s threatened to kill everyone. So this is limited time gig, has me stocking up some CAO ( Flathead Carb, 554, Ape Hanger, MX2 ) But im keen to grab some new stuff I’ve sampled, Thanks guys!!!

#15 ·
I was thinking the same. Some brands mentioned appear boutique to me, but that could be my misjudgement.

From the bigger brands I smoke Joya stands out to me. I smoke more short cigars and compare them to other short smokes like Nubs or petit/short Coronas I had they make a great stick in the Rosalones line at 2 or 3 euros a piece comparing to a Nub Cameroon at 5 to 8 euros or the Tatuaje short smokes at 7 to 9 euros I had. Nubs are great, but not at retail. CC short smokes have been trouble to me, wrapper and draw issues.

If we're considering the upper echelons boutique brands (what I consider) the best stick I had was a Steve Saka Sobremesa, grass-fed butter smooth.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

#16 ·
The lines have blurred considerably between small boutique companies and the predominant big companies that crank out huge volumes since boutiques first started up
I wouldn’t put a company like Crowned Heads on the same level as someone like Edgar Hoill
On the other hand Jack is right, none of the original start ups approach the size of somthing like Altadis or Fuente or Padron
I guess you would have to define your terms as to what is “big”
To me, a boutique start up these days would be someone like Noel Rojas, and he is growing exponentially. Owns his own factory now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.