The evil bid site? - Cigar Discussion Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

The evil bid site?

I am wondering how that evil bid site works. Do they charge you shipping ontop of the price of the auction or is it included? Do they automatically charge your card on file or do you have to checkout like ebay? I won a Xikar hp3 for 60.00 and I guess i should have know the rules before I bid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 08:15 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

They charge shipping on top of the winning bid price. I believe shipping is.. $7.99? Maybe 9.99? One of those two. You can choose a day to consolidate winnings into one weekly shipment if you like, so you will incur less individual shipping charges and may just have one slightly less expensive shipment.

That way if you regularly purchase deals you can find (more occasional than it seems on a lot of products there, factoring in tax and shipping. The rare great deal can be found, but don't let yourself fall into the trap that is auctions for what may be a very small savings.)
In case you weren't aware, CB is ran by Cigars International, and CAuctioneer is ran by Famous-Smoke. So keep an eye out there for better values.

A lot of times it may be better to save up and bundle purchases from the regular version of the said auction sites. That way you can find deals with free shipping to eliminate that extra cost, and still get a better value than a small discount through auction with a high shipping fee.

They automatically charge the card on file, you do not check out after "winning" the auction. Your winning high bid is your acceptance of the purchase.
Rondo and ForMud like this.
post #3 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks. So far the lighter was all I saw on the site worth bidding on as even with shipping I got it around 15 to 20.00 less than anywhere else.

post #4 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 09:04 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Cigarbid charges by category they charge whatever they charge for shipping the first item and each item after that they add on a smaller fee make sure you look around other sites to get a feel for the prices because sometimes you can end up paying more than regular price

More cigars = less stress
post #5 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 09:28 AM
One of the a-holes

The entire process is clearly explained on the site.
When did you give up your credit card number?
Be thankful they are a legit company.
The only evil is in the minds of those thinking they are getting over on another enthusiast.
TCstr8 and msmith1986 like this.

Blue Lives Matter
post #6 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 09:53 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I have only used them one time and fortunately came out unscathed. My first bid was on a single cigar and thought I was bidding on a 5 pack, it was overpriced and plus shipping man it would have been bad. I scrambled, more careful, and luckily I picked up some $2 Nubs and a couple other deals before my shipping day hit. Most of their stuff isnít worth the money but occasionally you can get a deal.
lex61 and ForMud like this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #7 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
I have only used them one time and fortunately came out unscathed. My first bid was on a single cigar and thought I was bidding on a 5 pack, it was overpriced and plus shipping man it would have been bad. I scrambled, more careful, and luckily I picked up some $2 Nubs and a couple other deals before my shipping day hit. Most of their stuff isnít worth the money but occasionally you can get a deal.
Yeah I don't think I will use them again.
post #8 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 10:39 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

i thinks it works as long as you don't get into a pissing contest with other bidders. i set my max bid at a 1/3 or 1/2 of retail price depending on the brand and don't look at them until the day before my weekly shipping date. sometimes i end up pleasantly surprised, sometimes not.
Rondo likes this.

Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #9 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 11:29 AM
One of the a-holes

You’re unlikely to find better prices. They used to carry a nice selection of higher end sticks. I still get my Diesel, Amazon Basin and Eiroa CBT from them.
You just need patience and the ability to let some things pass. There have been people here, myself included, who got carried away. I think I had a $700 week once.

Blue Lives Matter
post #10 of 36 Old 01-25-2020, 01:37 PM
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Youíre unlikely to find better prices. They used to carry a nice selection of higher end sticks. I still get my Diesel, Amazon Basin and Eiroa CBT from them.
You just need patience and the ability to let some things pass. There have been people here, myself included, who got carried away. I think I had a $700 week once.

Like I always tell folks set your max bid (for me its 50% of MSRP) then log out and don't touch it.. always funny to see a bidding war go higher than the MSRP of an item lol
Rondo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in