Winter Smoking - Show Me Your Set-up - Cigar Discussion Forums
 221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 11-29-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Winter Smoking - Show Me Your Set-up

Here in Washington state, winter smoking is a bit challenging with temperatures near freezing for a couple of months. Not as bad as some of you guys but certainly not as comfortable as Florida this time of year.

Typically, my winter smoke and goes way down as I donít smoke in the house or the garage. Itís way too cold to smoke outside and we donít have cigar lounges in Washington, unless you count a couple of ridiculously expensive private lounges or Indian reservations 30 miles away.

What do you guys do in the winter? Do you smoke in your garage? Do you have heat lamps outside? Do you smoke indoors only? Iím thinking of setting up my deck for winter smoking, kinda on the fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 11-29-2019, 09:53 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Getting too cold to enjoy a stick here too. I have a chair and a table in my garage. I have a radiant heater, but it can't keep up with the cold garage. At least my sticks will get some good rest this winter.
lex61 and Bigjohn like this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
post #3 of 49 Old 11-29-2019, 11:02 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I am lucky to have a very nice lounge 5 min from my house otherwise anything below 50 degrees would not be enjoyable especially when itís dark after work
Bigjohn likes this.

Smoke what you like - Like what you smoke

post #4 of 49 Old 11-29-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

I am thinking of getting something like this. Seems worth it for $100. Anyone has any experience with these? Enough to keep you warm?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Trea...ter/1000664673

Ren Huggins and jmt8706 like this.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
post #5 of 49 Old 11-30-2019, 01:31 AM
One of the a-holes

In the 12 x16 with a WiFi extender, motorcycle, kayaks, snowblower, lawn mower and deck furniture. Gravity chair lined with full sized electric mattress warmer, down smoking jacket (aka a $10 ski jacket from Goodwill), old down sleeping bag on my lap and a 30oz Yeti with sweet, black coffee.
Occasionally visited by the local, friendly possum, skunk, woodchuck and bunny.
No complaints, ever

Winter Smoking - Show Me Your Set-up-ff690e8f-01be-4c7a-ae8d-8d6e02377aeb.jpeg

Blue Lives Matter

Last edited by Rondo; 11-30-2019 at 11:06 AM.
post #6 of 49 Old 11-30-2019, 03:19 AM
Site Moderator

Mine goes like this. In Minnesota. It gets sub zero for about 60 days in January- February (even down to -30į for a bit). Nov-March is usually sub freezing.
I crank the heater to 70įF and turn on the infrared heater to warm my feet. I bring out a large mug of decaff green tea and a glass of water. I also open the door for a few minutes when I'm finished to clear out the haze, and then turn on my 390 cfm carbon air scrubber overnight when I go back inside to clean up the smell.
post #7 of 49 Old 11-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
I am thinking of getting something like this. Seems worth it for $100. Anyone has any experience with these? Enough to keep you warm?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Trea...ter/1000664673

Iíll preface by saying I donít like the cold and as I get older I have less tolerance for it. That said, I just bought something similar from Amazon. Mine is 46000 BTU. Iíve only used it twice on 45-50į evenings and it was mostly ok. I could sit in a chair for the most part but occasionally would stand to warm up. It had trouble staying lit the second time with a little wind blowing.
post #8 of 49 Old 11-30-2019, 11:14 AM
One of the a-holes

Casey @WABOOM beauty of a set up.
Where can I get that nubber and draw tool on the table?
ps- please donít tell Jack
WABOOM likes this.

Blue Lives Matter
post #9 of 49 Old 11-30-2019, 11:59 AM
The Great Green One

The lounge I used to go to closed up years ago. I smoke indoors. I'm single so I don't care what anyone else thinks. I do run a ozone unit every few days though for a few hours which helps a lot. Probably five more months before I can smoke outside again. I'm a freeze baby so anything colder than 60f is too cold for me to be outside smoking comfortably.
Bigjohn and jmt8706 like this.
post #10 of 49 Old 11-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Dark Lord

Indoor smoker as well, My house my rules... until the fiance moves in and then its our house My rules.. hahaSeriously she has said the den/cigar room is mine to smoke in as I please and pipes are okay throughout the house.
Rondo, Kidvegas, Bigjohn and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page