Cigar Room - Journey (PICS!) - Page 60 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 1175Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #591 of 601 Old 12-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus View Post
Yes, thanks for asking. Aside from a couple loose ends, everything is pretty much done. We completed the bathroom too.

My brother and Dad are in this weekend for a family wedding. Here's a pic from last night. Good times!

Conan O'Brian & Mr. Lebowski. Phones ringing dude.

Win or lose, we booze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #592 of 601 Old 12-15-2018, 03:00 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
We have zero, zip, nada a trace anywhere in the house. In fact, when I come upstairs after a night of smoking, it's even difficult to detect smell on my clothes.
So this part closes the project with an ultimate success. Congrats...
post #593 of 601 Old 12-18-2018, 09:06 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Stunning project, your attention to detail is impressive, thanks for taking the time to share in such detail and answering all the questions.
I am at the planning phase of a similar Cigar Lounge build and have learned allot from your project.
I have read all the posts and have a few specific question about the Cigar Room ventilation.... since you achieved zero odor/smoke escape which is essential in my build also.

You have two separate ceiling vent locations in the room which are connected in line to a Fantech Model: FKD 8XL fan which pulls smoke out of the room.

1. How do you supply make up air into the room?
2. If you have a vent supplying makeup air from outside:
- Do you rely on negative pressure in the room to suck fresh air into the room, or do you use a fan to push the fresh air into the room (I have seen the fan approach in other builds).
- How do you heat/cool the make up air? Heat Recovery Ventilator or Inline Duct Heater... etc?
- Does the makeup return air vent into the room in the ceiling or at the floor?

3. How do you heat/cool the room? I notice a 3rd vent in the ceiling is that a house HVAC?

Would it be possible to get or post a larger version of the architectural drawing where the dimensions are clearer.
Thanks Again.

post #594 of 601 Old 12-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
I hear you. The mere thought of any type of smoke smell in ANY part of the house was not an option for my wife either. The moment of truth was agonizing...but I can say we somehow managed to pull it off. We have zero, zip, nada a trace anywhere in the house. In fact, when I come upstairs after a night of smoking, it's even difficult to detect smell on my clothes.

That is the best test of good ventilation. One of the lounges I go to has great ventilation and my wife will tell me she can hardly tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels.” – Alfred de Musset
post #595 of 601 Old 02-19-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Hey all! The cigar room and man cave is getting plenty of use! Felt like I was in college again for LIVE MUSIC night this past weekend! What a blast!

poppajon75 and mpomario like this.
post #596 of 601 Old 02-19-2019, 07:49 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Fantastic venue!

But I almost wish you weren’t finished.This was one great build tread. I miss the progress posts. Was like getting updates on Thor Heyerdahl in his Kon Tiki or Apollo 11 nearing the moon. How’s the ventilation working?

Edit. I see it’s working perfectly!
post #597 of 601 Old 02-19-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulse View Post
Fantastic venue!

But I almost wish you weren’t finished.This was one great build tread. I miss the progress posts. Was like getting updates on Thor Heyerdahl in his Kon Tiki or Apollo 11 nearing the moon. How’s the ventilation working?

Edit. I see it’s working perfectly!
HA! Yeah...I miss posting myself. The ventilation is still working great. I'm using the room 2-3 times a week (sometimes more). LOVE, LOVE it! Thanks for commenting and checking in!
mpomario likes this.
post #598 of 601 Old 02-19-2019, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

More pics from LIVE MUSIC NIGHT!
poppajon75 likes this.
post #599 of 601 Old 02-19-2019, 10:45 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
HA! Yeah...I miss posting myself. The ventilation is still working great. I'm using the room 2-3 times a week (sometimes more). LOVE, LOVE it! Thanks for commenting and checking in!
All I can say is "WOW!" There is a lot to read on this thread, but I'm trying to nail down the ventilation as I am embarking on a similar project. My basement is already finished, bar included; I'm looking at converting the bedroom in the basement to my very own cigar room. For ventilation/air handling, am I correct to understand that you have the vents in the ceiling ran by the Fantech 8xl vent fan, RabbitAir air purifier, and the ozone generator? Am i missing anything? I plan on ventilating my room in a similar manner, I already have an air purifier (Austin Air Healthmate Plus), and now plan on the ozone generator thanks to this thread. I too cannot have any cigar smell escaping, as my wife would immediately shut it down.....lol!!
post #600 of 601 Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lika1 View Post
All I can say is "WOW!" There is a lot to read on this thread, but I'm trying to nail down the ventilation as I am embarking on a similar project. My basement is already finished, bar included; I'm looking at converting the bedroom in the basement to my very own cigar room. For ventilation/air handling, am I correct to understand that you have the vents in the ceiling ran by the Fantech 8xl vent fan, RabbitAir air purifier, and the ozone generator? Am i missing anything? I plan on ventilating my room in a similar manner, I already have an air purifier (Austin Air Healthmate Plus), and now plan on the ozone generator thanks to this thread. I too cannot have any cigar smell escaping, as my wife would immediately shut it down.....lol!!
Great questions. Just sent you a PM so you can reach out to me directly. I'm happy to help out. Good luck with your project!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page