Proper Shop Etiquette when Renting a Locker? - Cigar Discussion Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ForceofWill
  • 1 Post By SoCal Gunner

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Proper Shop Etiquette when Renting a Locker?

I am considering renting a locker at my local B&M as the price seems very reasonable @ $35/month.

I'm curious to know if I am expected to purchase all of the stock that gets put in the locker. Obviously, when I visit this shop now, I always purchase a cigar if I plan to smoke it there and usually buy more to take home. I really enjoy smoking in this lounge and would like to move some of my cigars to keep and enjoy here, but I don't want to cause any conflict if I'm expected to purchase all my "locker" cigars from there.

Thanks for any suggestions/feedback...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Roof Smoker

Best to just ask the staff. Every lounge is different honestly. Some lockers give you the green light for CC's or stuff from home. Generally, buy one smoke one is acceptable practice since you'd be rotating your stock anyway. If there aren't other benefits that come with the locker and you just want a nice place to hang out and smoke I would personally omit the locker. Keep in mind the B&M you like hanging out at is footing bills so you should be contributing in the form of buying sticks.
OneStrangeOne likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Get to know the staff and keep an eye out for how well they care for the locker before you put a few boxes of your favorite higher end sticks in there. Ask me how I know. Or don't- bad memories.
Humphrey's Ghost likes this.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em

post #4 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Proper Shop Etiquette when Renting a Locker?

I've found that it's usually cool to smoke your own gars at a lounge if your a paying member. I don't flaunt it though. The place is a business and need to sell cigars to keep the door open. My advice buy a couple atleast once a week and stash those in your locker. When ya go to smoke bring some of your own and stash them also. That way ya got your stuff and you've supported the lounge.

I asked this same question when i first joined Puff and got some answers like what i said above. Just feel the place out. Ask some questions of other members and keep your eyes open. If you see others with cigars that ain't sold at that lounge then ya know the deal already. Play things cool and all should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
post #5 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

I have a very nice lounge by me. They don't currently have lockers but they plan to expand and get them. I personally won't rent one because I have heard the horror stories involved. One locker has beatles... They all have beatles.

When I go I always buy a cigar. My buddy buys a lot of his humidor care products there and almost always brings a cigar from home.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Thanks for the responses as this has given me another thing to consider. I will definitely spend a little more time feeling this place out to make sure I'm confident that my cigars will be in good hands. They have been in business with original owner for over 20 years but I appreciate coming to places like this and getting multiple viewpoints.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Desk Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
One locker has beatles... They all have beatles.
This would be my concern about renting a locker. It's like driving - I know I'm a safe driver, it's the other folks that I worry about.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
I have a very nice lounge by me. They don't currently have lockers but they plan to expand and get them. I personally won't rent one because I have heard the horror stories involved. One locker has beatles... They all have beatles.

When I go I always buy a cigar. My buddy buys a lot of his humidor care products there and almost always brings a cigar from home.
As someone who is running my familys cigar shop & lounge, our rule is a firm no. We dont allow any outside cigars in our lockers. Our lockers are connected to our shop humidor, and we dont know if there are bugs in your box or how they were stored before they were brought in. So its not only a safety issue for our entire stock but also we make our living off of selling cigars, we find it almost disrespectful for someone to even consider doing. Obviously, rules are different in every shop & we make this clear to anyone renting one upfront.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page