Local USPS - Page 2 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner View Post
Can you educate UPS & FedEx on shipping Firearms? At this point I just tell them its "machined parts". Nothing like having the counter girl freak out when you say "Gun".
So long as its not an assembled upper or lower, I have never had an issue.

So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici... pation.... Dr Frank-N-Furter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 12:57 AM
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ams417 View Post
So long as its not an assembled upper or lower, I have never had an issue.
I shipped a pistol back to the manufacturer for service once by following all the steps and telling them what it was. Never again.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
post #13 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 01:22 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner View Post
I shipped a pistol back to the manufacturer for service once by following all the steps and telling them what it was. Never again.
That's one nice thing about being from a small town full of other rednecks. I had to send a pistol in for repair.
I walked into the ups store and said" hey, I gotta send my gun back, gotta box." Pulled it outta my back pocket , put it on the counter. The guy checked to make sure it was empty, boxed it up and sent it. No muss no fuss.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin

post #14 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 01:42 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Kind of like when you get on a plane and they ask you about lithium batteries. I hauled about 20lbs of e-cigarette stuff to my friend in Mexico. All of it individually packaged, no danger. Mexican Customs found it, I told them it was for my personal use. They didn't seem to care. It was like 20 kits with batteries and tanks, tons of extra coils, chargers etc. More than I could use in 5 years.
UBC03 and eliot like this.

So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici... pation.... Dr Frank-N-Furter
post #15 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Disfrutar de cigarros!

lap2: Bravo!!!
post #16 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 03:14 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

anyone know if the new fda regulations will effect shipping of cigars???
post #17 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnhecty View Post
No it won't, but the problem will be finding cigars you want to buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hudabear likes this.

The first step is admitting you have a cigar problem. The second step is realizing the problem is "not having enough cigars".
post #18 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnhecty View Post
Not yet but there had been talk and who knows what will happen if the fdas ruling stands. i know they talked about making it illegal to ship cigars and another thing was at your local B&M you would no longer be allowed to go into the humidor. they would give you a catalog to look at and you tell them what you want and they would go get them for you.

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
post #19 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by demuths1770 View Post
Not yet but there had been talk and who knows what will happen if the fdas ruling stands. i know they talked about making it illegal to ship cigars and another thing was at your local B&M you would no longer be allowed to go into the humidor. they would give you a catalog to look at and you tell them what you want and they would go get them for you.
The whole not allowing people to go into humidors was in the option 2 regulations, but since they chose option 1 it no longer stands.

The first step is admitting you have a cigar problem. The second step is realizing the problem is "not having enough cigars".
post #20 of 53 Old 06-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regiampiero View Post
The whole not allowing people to go into humidors was in the option 2 regulations, but since they chose option 1 it no longer stands.

for now yes but im sure if this all passes in the short time left the fda will make more changes to the cigar industry. it may not be right away or even the next few years but i think at some point it will happen if this all stands

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman— or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page