Is Anyone Else Bored By The Posts About Accurate Humidity? - Page 6 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 104Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 53 Old 02-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Rock View Post
I've been storing cigars for more than 25 years. Sure, the humidity level where my cigars are stored varies a bit. I have much more important things to think about than that. Am I alone?

it's up to the MODERATOR since what else can the masses do ? - no ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 Old 02-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
I think what people need to learn is that cigars are more resilient than you think. I've had electronic humidifiers break and take the humidity to 90+rh. sure I had a couple split but all the others made it through fine. My girlfriend got annoyed with my cigar ocd and boxed em all up and hid em for a few days. Guess what no issues.
The easiest way I can put this is cigars are like babies. Remember the first baby you held. You were thinkin oh crap I'm gonna break this thing, why would anyone hand me something so fragile. Then you learned short of dropping them or stepping on them, babies are pretty durable. As long as you don't get them confused and put your stogies in the tub and light your kids feet on fire you'll be OK.
We've all gone through the panic. Whether you have 10 smokes in a desk top or a 1000 in a cabinet. They're still your hard earned money. That's why I have no issues answering the same questions over and over. Whatever it takes to help someone realize how to fix their issues or explain that they don't even have an issue. Whatever it takes to help someone relax enough to enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
I think you made an excellent analogy with the Baby. When people first get into this guilty pleasure they hear all the horror stories and really worry way to much. The further along they get in the journey, the more we relax into it and stop worry about the small stuff.
Amelia Isabelle and UBC03 like this.
post #53 of 53 Old 02-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbright View Post
I think you made an excellent analogy with the Baby. When people first get into this guilty pleasure they hear all the horror stories and really worry way to much. The further along they get in the journey, the more we relax into it and stop worry about the small stuff.
when i was new i worried about it too. even years later its still on my mind but its not as bad at all. thanks to the great people of puff a few years ago i got over that and learned A LOT of info. i was welcomed into the group and i am sure i asked stupid questions and as time when on i answered stupid questions and tried to help the new members and make them feel welcomed to ask the questions they needed to to learn. thats part of a forum like. if you wanna have this group grow and become better you need to have noobies that will ask questions. thats just the name of the game. i love answering the new members questions and help pass on the information i have learned. thats all end rant
UBC03 likes this.

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good womanó or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns :smoke2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page