Humidor or Wineador - Page 2 - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 12-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Humidor or Wineador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithos View Post
I also strongly advise the wineador, it's really the best option in my opinion. To get a waxing moon of any decent size (or any good solid humidor) you'll spend more than the wine cooler costs. You might even be able to find a couple on Craigslist and appease the SO that way. Or you can explain how junky the cheap thermoelectric units are and how they only make good humidors because you keep them at the highest temp, anything in the wine range and they will break in under a year.

Lol. But seriously, they look nice, you can get some super nice custom drawers or you can get basic ones or you can use shelves and boxes. The temp and sealed environment is also great. I'm in Iowa, we go from 70+ RH to 20% during the year (inside).
I have a YETIdor, which is probably more than a wineador. I just got tired of hauling that thing around as it'd heavier than a Godsmack concert and the price is higher than something very high off the ground you put money in(?). It is very stable though and has a great seal.....

Like my father before me, I will work the land
And like my brother above me, I took a rebel stand...Robbie Robertson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 12-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by droy1958 View Post
I have a YETIdor, which is probably more than a wineador. I just got tired of hauling that thing around as it'd heavier than a Godsmack concert and the price is higher than something very high off the ground you put money in(?). It is very stable though and has a great seal.....
Thanks Don...

Like my father before me, I will work the land
And like my brother above me, I took a rebel stand...Robbie Robertson
post #13 of 17 Old 12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Whatever you choose, go as big as possible.

post #14 of 17 Old 12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

If you plan to freeze everything for beetle prevention, a good-lookin' desktop humidor and cooler combo is the best option, IMO. While I love my humidor and drawers and think it looks great, I essentially paid hundreds for appearances, while the freezing/humidor/cooler combo would have done the same thing for 1/5 of the cost. I regret that I didn't learn about freezing before I built the wineador.

However, if you're NOT gonna freeze, and don't have a cooler basement, a wineador rules!

"Not all those who wander are lost..." - Tolkien :pipe:
post #15 of 17 Old 12-08-2014, 02:21 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

You know I'm all about the long term storage. How is the coolidor project coming along?
post #16 of 17 Old 12-08-2014, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Always about tree fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLtoker View Post
You know I'm all about the long term storage. How is the coolidor project coming along?
I bought shelving but didnt realize the cooler got narrower towards the bottom. Gotta switch it up..lol
post #17 of 17 Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

I have both. I have an antique china cabinet my son and I converted into a humidor that is lined with Spanish Cedar and holds about 500 sticks. I recently purchased a Winecooler and added spanish cedar drawers that holds about 600 sticks, in which I keep my CCs. I love my humidor, but it is a tad more difficult to maintain as I use beads. The wineador has an active system that kicks on once a month or so, and holds steady at 61% from top to bottom. So, the wineador is much more efficient, but the asthetics an smell of my humnidor is great as well. Sorry, not much help, but I say do both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page