Cigar Forums banner

What's Your Latest Non-Cuban Purchase? II

818K views 14K replies 862 participants last post by  Mich_smoker 
#1 ·
G'day BOTL and SOTL!

Occasionally we get threads, which have simply run their course and other times, some have simply become so enormous that they become unmanageable. That's the case with the great thread, begun in 2009, by our beloved friend, Cigar Man Andy. Not only was Andy's thread 5 years old, but it had run up an astonishing 1065 pages!

That tells us that this is a topic, which garners extraordinary interest and popularity, while providing the community an opportunity to share their enthusiasm of adding to their ever-growing collections. So, it's in this spirit that I want to immediately create this follow-up thread.

My latest non-Cuban purchase is one of which I am particularly proud. Not only are they cigars I consider exceptional, but it was also a box split with a dear friend, fellow BOTL and respected member of Puff.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz. We met up at Milan Tobacconist in downtown Roanoke Virginia. Milan are an ORIGINAL Fuente account, having opened their doors the very same year Fuente were founded. Of course, we've both sequestered them into the deepest bowels of our humidors for a long nap and we look forward to sampling them together once they've awakened.

So, what's your latest acquisition?

See less See more
#3 ·
G'day BOTL and SOTL!

My latest non-Cuban purchase is one of which I am particularly proud. Not only are they cigars I consider exceptional, but it was also a box split with a dear friend, fellow BOTL and respected member of Puff.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz.

Thats a tough act to follow. Nice score, they look amazing!

#4 ·
G'day BOTL and SOTL!

Occasionally we get threads, which have simply run their course and other times, some have simply become so enormous that they become unmanageable. That's the case with the great thread, begun in 2009, by our beloved friend, Cigar Man Andy. Not only was Andy's thread 5 years old, but it had run up an astonishing 1065 pages!

That tells us that this is a topic, which garners extraordinary interest and popularity, while providing the community an opportunity to share their enthusiasm of adding to their ever-growing collections. So, it's in this spirit that I want to immediately create this follow-up thread.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz. We met up at Milan Tobacconist in downtown Roanoke Virginia. Milan are an ORIGINAL Fuente account, having opened their doors the very same year Fuente were founded. Of course, we've both sequestered them into the deepest bowels of our humidors for a long nap and we look forward to sampling them together once they've awakened.

So, what's your latest acquisition?
Very cool Don. How long do you guys plan on aging them?

#6 ·
My wife just rolled her eyes at me for the first time in a long time after I told her how much those were a piece :biggrin:

Yet another great example of the fun you can have when you get together with another Puffer at the local B&M!

#20 ·
Padron 1964 which I loved and started a thread about, and also a Tatuaje Miami, AB Black market, and DE Nica Rustica. I also have a bundle of Nicarugan 90+ rated seconds on the way from CI.

#21 ·
Paling in comparison to some of the listed purchases, but just closed out a weekly lot from CB. A tin of ten Tabak Especial, A Drew Estate Sampler (ACID Blondie, Kuba Kuba, Natural Big Dirt Torpedo, Natural Ltd. Irish Hops & CI Legends: Drew Estate), a Genesis The Project Sampler (wooden ashtray), Cult Box Press 5 pack, Spectre by AJ 5 pack, and an Obsidian Experiment box.

Reactions: the camaro show
#26 ·
Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Sumatra x10
Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Toro Especiale x5
Joya De Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco x5
Esteban Carreras Chupa Cabra Toro x5
Illusione Ultra OP No. 1 Double Corona
Illusione MK Ultra
Casa Magna Colorado Extraordinarios
Surrogates Crystal Baller
Curivari Seleccion Privada Maduro Eminentes
Curivari Reserva Limitada Classica Monarcas

...and a lonely Dominican
La Aurora Preferidos Corojo #2
...Ill put him with the Opus so he doesnt get picked on.