Does anyone ever complain about your cigar smoke? - Page 6 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 65 Old 12-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Newbie in the ocean

I've had some people complain in a couple of the bars that serve food and allow smoking. If they ask nicely, and there's an empty spot, I'll be glad to move while they eat. They usually repay me by buying my next round. If they're shitty about it, I'll ask them if they've asked every cigarette smoker to do the same before they got to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 65 Old 02-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoyBme View Post
Invited this friend over to visit and have a drink with another puffer and myself. When he arrive and came to the patio he said ' you guys are smoking those stinky cigars'. A bit thrown off by his comment, I said 'I like the aroma of it'. I made sure the smoke didn't flow in his direction. However, it made me think, always be respectful, but don't let others opinions mess up a good smoke. Needless to say, when puffing with friends, he's not invited.

Funny Thing.... My friend who came over and complained about those 'stinky cigars' called me up about a month ago with question after question about smoking cigars. His curiosity had got the best of him I guess. Finally, he asked if he could come over and try a cigar with me. After sitting and talking about the reasons why I enjoy puffing, it seems as though a light bulb went off in his head. I told him that puffing was my time to relax, reflect, think, clear my head and spend time around like minded people. He said 'that is exactly what I have been looking for!'. I advised him on trying some sample packages before making any big purchases and on the fact that not all expensive cigars are good and likewise every cheap cigar is not bad. Now the really funny thing is he can't seem to get enough of those 'stinky cigars'. Keep Puffing!
post #53 of 65 Old 02-15-2019, 12:23 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoyBme View Post
Funny Thing.... My friend who came over and complained about those 'stinky cigars' called me up about a month ago with question after question about smoking cigars. His curiosity had got the best of him I guess. Finally, he asked if he could come over and try a cigar with me. After sitting and talking about the reasons why I enjoy puffing, it seems as though a light bulb went off in his head. I told him that puffing was my time to relax, reflect, think, clear my head and spend time around like minded people. He said 'that is exactly what I have been looking for!'. I advised him on trying some sample packages before making any big purchases and on the fact that not all expensive cigars are good and likewise every cheap cigar is not bad. Now the really funny thing is he can't seem to get enough of those 'stinky cigars'. Keep Puffing!
I love happy endings.
TxColt likes this.

post #54 of 65 Old 02-15-2019, 04:37 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I was smoking in my EPW the other day.....a couple of raccoons came by and gave me the stinky eye and stuck their noses up at me looking all high and mighty..... I told them it was my property if they didn't like it they could go to Hell. Mean little critters went and pissed all over my front door.......

Though I Be The Lone Survivor
post #55 of 65 Old 02-15-2019, 05:52 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0282 View Post
I was smoking in my EPW the other day.....a couple of raccoons came by and gave me the stinky eye and stuck their noses up at me looking all high and mighty..... I told them it was my property if they didn't like it they could go to Hell. Mean little critters went and pissed all over my front door.......
Did they end up in that night's stew?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Humphrey's Ghost likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #56 of 65 Old 02-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
Did they end up in that night's stew?

The Mom and Dad coon went out with style but the 2 little twins really put up a fuss. Chunked them all up and with a little gravy and taters....dinner will be served. The funny part is....most of ya'll think I am kidding ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3255.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	239198  

post #57 of 65 Old 02-16-2019, 10:57 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0282 View Post
The Mom and Dad coon went out with style but the 2 little twins really put up a fuss. Chunked them all up and with a little gravy and taters....dinner will be served. The funny part is....most of ya'll think I am kidding ...
They are bony and greasy.....but tasty!

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
post #58 of 65 Old 02-16-2019, 01:19 PM
CAT WRANGLER

I've eaten some strange stuff. But I draw the line at DUMPSTER PANDAS.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #59 of 65 Old 02-16-2019, 01:33 PM
No longer a community member.

I probably wouldn't mess with this particular trash panda...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trashpanda.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	239242  

UBC03, Humphrey's Ghost and Dran like this.
post #60 of 65 Old 02-16-2019, 02:27 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickorynut View Post
They are bony and greasy.....but tasty!

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...

Absolutely.... A large part of the critter really ain't worth the time. But if you take the backbone and the lower thigh muscles it ain't so bad. The crock pot like we did yesterday is about the only way to go. I would laugh my ass off if someone said they could fry one. You have to cook it most of the day but once the meat gets tender, add some potatoes and spices and WA-LA....dinner. This was actually only 2 coons but adding the story about the twins made it sound better. And of course, it's always better the second day....

I grew up way back in the woods of Georgia. My Dad was a WWII and Korea vet and was Shell Shocked pretty bad. We Never were allowed to have visitors. If it wasn't for school and spending summer vacations with my grandparents, I wouldn't know there were other people on the planet. To us, going to the grocery store meant checking the trap line. I can tell just about every critter there is just by the smell of the raw meat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page