Cigar Forums banner

How about a San Diego mini-Herf?

4K views 66 replies 14 participants last post by  zemekone 
#1 ·
How about a San Diego mini-Herf II?

Got to talking in the chat room last night and there were some Socal people in there. It's been awhile since we got together to smoke a few and there are a some that are new to the board from SoCal, so we are going to have another mini-herf. WillyGT looks good if we can have it on Sat. Mar 26, or maybe the next day, say maybe around 11AM again. Liberty Tobacco is as good as anything, we were thinking, unless someone comes up with a better idea. Maybe we could even watch a 4 second delayed basketball or baseball game on the TV. The guys there treated us pretty well I thought. If you are interested in the last thread discussion then:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7401&page=1&pp=15

If you just need the addy, then:

Liberty Tobacco
7341 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA
858-292-1772
If you come south on 5, take the 805 and once you hit 52 look for Clairmont Mesa. Get off on Clairmont Mesa and go east. Stay in the right lane and after the mini-golf place look for the Ethan Allen furniture strip mall on the right. The shop is in the back right, ie, south west corner of the mall. Coming south on 15 is OK too, just take the 163 at the split, and go west on Clairmont Mesa, pick up Goat Locker at Cheeta's and keep coming west to before the 805. Start looking on your left once you pass the bowling alley just past Convoy St (Kmart).

ANY other suggestions or questions.......

Rick

See less See more
#7 ·
WillyGT said:
this sounds good, I can i might be able to make it this time :D, Any of both days is good for me, in any of both days it would be at the same time? or the time depends onthe day?
I guess that Sunday, being Easter, is out then. But I'm looking forward to Saturday then. Lookiing forward to seeing you guys again and you new guys too. :)

#9 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
I'm glad to hear ya can make it. I doubt it will be my last SD herf I am here until Aug 01, 2005. Then I will be making a cross country drive to Virginia. Might have to set up little mini-herfs across country just to make the drive a little bareable. :D
Good to hear that! Get ready for "HERF Across America 2005"! Hmmmm, how about we do a box pass, and you just hand carry it person to person. :r

#12 ·
GOAT LOCKER said:
Good to hear that! Get ready for "HERF Across America 2005"! Hmmmm, how about we do a box pass, and you just hand carry it person to person. :r
:r I will run that one by my wife that is if she stops laughing at my "Herf Across America" idea :r

I am looking forward to herfing with yens again and meeting some other gorillas.

#14 ·
Maybe from me, but can't confirm 100% yet.

#17 ·
gabebdog1 said:
hey guys whats a box pass :w
thanks goat now I know. I've been reading on this site for a bit now but just became a member a week and change ago. what I have noticed is there is so many things to get in on like the boxs pass, pifs and splits,but it seems like you need to know someone to be trusted. so how do you start geting more people to have faith in you whats a good starting point?

#19 ·
Hey guys, can domestic cigars be introduced to the U.S. with no problem? Cause maybe i have to cross walking so if i am carrying any bag it will be checked right?. And another, is it enough to change the take off the bands on the Isoms so they can enter? I was thinking on bringing some and taking the bands and replacing them with some of the ones in the thread so they are "disguised". But i dont really want to get into trouble at the border so thats whyi ask. Thanks

G
#20 ·
WillyGT said:
Hey guys, can domestic cigars be introduced to the U.S. with no problem? Cause maybe i have to cross walking so if i am carrying any bag it will be checked right?. And another, is it enough to change the take off the bands on the Isoms so they can enter? I was thinking on bringing some and taking the bands and replacing them with some of the ones in the thread so they are "disguised". But i dont really want to get into trouble at the border so thats whyi ask. Thanks
The last time I walked over the border, I was carrying a black trash bag full of crap I bought in TJ and they didn't even X-ray it. But, that may have been because I'm American and look like I'm in the Military. I would think if you took the bands off and put them in either a traveldor or a domestic box, you'd be OK.
You could always mail them to someone who is going to the herf.

BTW, you guys better not get herfed out, I'm going to need one in May or June when I get out there!!!

#21 ·
WillyGT said:
We would like it if you brought cigars to the herf, but we're more interested in getting to spend some time with you than your cigars. Use your own judgement, believe me, there will be plenty of stuff to smoke.

#25 ·
Re: San Diego mini-Herf 3/26/05

Y'all ready to herf? So, we are on for 11am on the 26th? How about a roll call? SOUND OFF!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.