Herf etiquette? - Page 2 - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Old Man

Re: Herf etiquette?

If you mess with; the Fla Herf gang, bring a big box so you have something to carry home the debris. Our rule is if you touch it its yours, like in "do you think this is a fake band" when you look you're stuck with the stick.

CobraSkip :u
"The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Skeeter owes me money

As you participate in these, you will find that most of the people will become friends, so just treat them that way. I think a lot of herfers worry too much about what they bring, you'll get a feeling for it in time. Bring what you like to smoke, and what you want some others to try. If you are trying to impress people, you have the wrong idea.....and there are some here that you will never be able to impress with your selection, but can impress them with your attitude and friendship. The last herf I attended I had just moved, and my cooler was hidden behind so many boxes I could not bring anything. We met at a B&M, so I was lucky and could buy a few sticks. Bothered me some, but I realize I LIKE these folks, and it's all about the company and having a good time. We will meet again, many times.
I don't go to these things for the cigars, I go for the company.
Have fun!

Skeeter was here....
post #13 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 10:02 AM
RJT
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
As you participate in these, you will find that most of the people will become friends, so just treat them that way. I think a lot of herfers worry too much about what they bring, you'll get a feeling for it in time. Bring what you like to smoke, and what you want some others to try. If you are trying to impress people, you have the wrong idea.....and there are some here that you will never be able to impress with your selection, but can impress them with your attitude and friendship. The last herf I attended I had just moved, and my cooler was hidden behind so many boxes I could not bring anything. We met at a B&M, so I was lucky and could buy a few sticks. Bothered me some, but I realize I LIKE these folks, and it's all about the company and having a good time. We will meet again, many times.
Have fun!
Thats the right attitude.

post #14 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 10:32 AM

When you know your out gunned, bring a chicken suit.
post #15 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 AM

Herf Behavior.

Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a bar, jeans and sneakers are fine. If its an upper class place you may wanna wear shoes and a collared shirt just to be safe.

Bring some money for food and drinks. Be prepared to buy a few drinks as most people always switch back and forth buying rounds. Make sure you eat something as cigar smoking can do a number on your stomache.

Bring cigars, bring more cigars than you will smoke. There will be a lot of giving,swapping and smoking that day. No one expects any reciprication but it is nice to give it.

Most of all have fun smoke a lot of cigars and drive safely after the herf.

post #16 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPB67 View Post
Herf Behavior.

Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a bar, jeans and sneakers are fine. If its an upper class place you may wanna wear shoes and a collared shirt just to be safe.

Bring some money for food and drinks. Be prepared to buy a few drinks as most people always switch back and forth buying rounds. Make sure you eat something as cigar smoking can do a number on your stomache.

Bring cigars, bring more cigars than you will smoke. There will be a lot of giving,swapping and smoking that day. No one expects any reciprication but it is nice to give it.

Most of all have fun smoke a lot of cigars and drive safely after the herf.

that last statment is the most important, getting home safe is rule #1 so get a DD :z
post #17 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Not Here

At the Myrtle Beach Herf (which was my first) I loaded a big ziplock bag full of smokes (no herfador) and when we met up I told everyone if you see something you want just help yourself.

Was it expected of me? NO I did it because I wanted people to have the chance to try something they may not have had the chance to try yet.

A Herf is a gathering of people with at least one common interest in hopes that new friends will be made.

Did I make new friends those couple of days? YOU BET

Just be yourself and you will make new friends. That is what a Herf is all about.

BTW I left the night with more cigars than I came with thanks to some generous gorillas.

Just have fun and don't worry about the other stuff.

BIA!!!
post #18 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Acronym Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana_lover View Post

getting home safe is rule #1 so get a DD :z
Good point. :al

Now you know,
and knowin's half the battle.
- G.I. JOE [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #19 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
"way to go dumb azz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraSkip View Post
If you mess with; the Fla Herf gang, bring a big box so you have something to carry home the debris. Our rule is if you touch it its yours, like in "do you think this is a fake band" when you look you're stuck with the stick.
"we have ways of making you smoke" going to a FL HERF w/no cigars is like going to SKYPE w/out a working mic....IMO

I don't need Anger Management.....I just need people to stop pissing me off
post #20 of 152 Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
www.Cigarmony.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
As you participate in these, you will find that most of the people will become friends, so just treat them that way. I think a lot of herfers worry too much about what they bring, you'll get a feeling for it in time. Bring what you like to smoke, and what you want some others to try. If you are trying to impress people, you have the wrong idea.....and there are some here that you will never be able to impress with your selection, but can impress them with your attitude and friendship. ....

Have fun!
Well said bro!!! 100% spot on!

~Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
etiquette, herf, sticky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page