Cigar Forums banner

1st Issue of CA

Tags
1st issue
925 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  emgjet 
#1 ·
Many of you remember a month or two ago, I posted a thread on here called "Who Subscribes to CA?" After reading much individual commentary & opinion on the magazine, I decided to subscribe. Obviously, it wasn't for the ratings. Well, the first issue came yesterday and I was pleasently suprised at how thorough some of the articles were. They have a very intresting article about the piss poor conditions of flying today and why the airline industry is America's worst managed business (besides the government). They had some pretty good write ups on some newer cigars out, including the Monte Series V. Overall,. I was pretty impressed with the first issue. But I guess after all the trashing I have heard about the magazine, anything short of utterly disappointing would be a plus. I was certainly not disappointed, rather, a bit impressed with the quality of the magazine, & some of the ads are real spiffy.

I'll keep everyone posted as to how the next one pans out & if this is just a flash in the pan or if it is pretty much the ebb & flow of the magazine.

-Justin

#2 ·
I read a good book a couple of months ago that was published
in 97 by the former Inspector General of the U.S.
She blasted the airline industry, security, maintenance,
and the reluctance of the FAA to make changes, really
regulate what is in the air. Really makes you leary of
flying after reading it and 9/11. I cannot remember the
title of the book. If any one is interested in reading
the same book I will, find out what it is.

Thanks for the review on cA.

#5 ·
Justin, I've been buyning CA magazines now for over a year...and yes most of the articles are interesting...didn't see this month's issue yet, but I was curious. Cigar ratings are so-so, but what is also helpful is the info on new cigars coming out, and some general advertising. Their photo team is also top notch.
Your probably asking why I don't subscribe...well, some of the issues weren't so great, as far as concerning the articles,..so I pick and choose which issue to buy at the newstand. Glad to know I'm not the only one buying this magazine.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.