Cigar Forums banner

Coffee - What are you drinking right now?

103K views 2K replies 384 participants last post by  Scap 
#1 ·
Guatemala Finca La Bella JBM Cultivar

Roasted some about three days ago, sitting in the press right now. 2 min to go.

#1,744 ·
Got a home roaster a couple weeks ago.
This is where the flavor can be truly discovered!
It's a small machine, so I only do 4oz at a time, but on a dedicated 20A circuit, I can brown these babies up in a couple minutes and not lose the floral/fruit flavors that Ethiopian beans are famous for.
The pic below is of some Colombian they tossed in for free. It's better than Folger's, but can't hold a candle to the 6# of Ethiopian beans I bought to roast.
Kitchen appliance Stove Gas Portable stove Wood

Pedestal Wood Table Flooring Trophy

#1,750 · (Edited)
Iron Bean Integrity… dark roasted whole bean and very oily. Always roasted the day of or day prior to shipping. All organic and of the finest quality.

Since coffee is so highly sprayed with pesticides I try and stay with organic. I also like to support small business and military veteran’s. All military vets get a 20% discount so the price is comparable to the cheaper quality non-organic blends. Non- Vets can get 15% off using Triplecapped as the discount code.

I’ve tried Death Wish, Black Rifle, and many more but IBCC is my go to daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,751 ·
I have a rotation. Dunkin OG (first love), Carabao Obsidian, a Jamaican blue mountain roast (rotates) and experimental blends from local roasters. I normally do a lb or two of each before moving on to the next. Not even much of a creature of habit but been following this for system for many years.

I do also try and support BRC in my experimental lbs. I do really enjoy their AK-47 roast.

#1,754 ·
I have a monthly subscription to the Black Rifle Coffee Club and I get a bag of their darkest roast, "Murdered Out", (MO), beans.

Since I'm down to on 16oz cup a day, the MO, along with whatever catches my mood, (on sale), at the grocery store lasts a month.

My current ground is Lavazza Perfetto. It's a smooth, dark roast.

All of my coffee is pressed.

#1,757 ·
I drank Mayorga for years and got away from it after year-long hiatus from caffeine. Costco will steeply discount stuff for various reasons, (seasonal, packaging change, discontinued product, etc), and I saw this for $9.97! I brewed some with the press and like it so much that I bought 2 more bags. It checks all the boxes for this bold coffee loving cheap bastard!
Food Ingredient Cuisine Convenience food Dish
😅

#1,760 ·
Vine & Walnut, medium roast, by Peet's Coffee:
Hand Wood Font Gas Drink

Whole bean that I have them grind ("...for a cone paper filter, please").

Meh. Small shrub woodiness, faint watery sweetness. Seems more like a light roast to me. No bitterness so that's a good point for those that aren't big coffee drinkers (e.g. my wife).

#1,765 ·
I bought a 3-cup Chemex and tried it for the first time today. My main brew method is a French press.

I used the same amount of beans in the Chemex, that I do in the press. The only difference is I set the grinder to a less coarse grind.

I don't think it's any better than the press, but different. Pretty much everything that I've read about them spot-on. It does result in a cleaner cup of coffee that's not bitter at all, and it has a much thinner mouthfeel, than the press.

I'll have to try a few more cups, to decide which method I prefer.