Cigar Box Filler - Page 2 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
I have nothing against infused.. Whatever it takes to bring people into the hobby.

I've never had an infused cigar.. Didn't know that thing was sweet. I'll just say..it wasn't my gig..

Totally understandable. That doesn't seem like the kind of thing a person should be surprised with.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” --J.R.R. Tolkien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Not a Serious Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by greypilgrim76 View Post
I suspect (hope?) the day will come when I also tell the noobs about how I used to smoke these but lost my taste for them. But not before I smoke this box!
I hope the day will come when you tell the noobs how you used to smoke the infused ones only, but now your tastes have expanded to include non-infused cigars too.

I am willing to support your cause by trying an infused cigar. Us noobs gotta stick together. Which one would you recommend?
greypilgrim76 likes this.
post #13 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth10 View Post
I hope the day will come when you tell the noobs how you used to smoke the infused ones only, but now your tastes have expanded to include non-infused cigars too.

I am willing to support your cause by trying an infused cigar. Us noobs gotta stick together. Which one would you recommend?
I like your prophecy better.

As far as infused recommendations, the cigar that finally convinced me cigars could actually be goood was the ACID Kuba Kuba. That and the Blondie are probably my two favorite ACIDs.

That said, I think I've decided my favorite infused sticks are the coffee-infused ones. The Isla del Sol is very good, and its price tag is the reason I ordered a box. (Only about seventy bucks for 20.) My favorite right now is the DE Tabak Especial Dulce, though it's a bit pricier than the Isla del Sol, so I only ordered a fiver of those. They're my "treat" sticks.

I think if you're looking to try an infused stick, you couldn't go wrong with any of those four, though I'm sure others would have additional recommendations.
Elizabeth10 likes this.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” --J.R.R. Tolkien

post #14 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 PM
No longer a community member.

Java mint was what brought me into the game, i have had the tabak maduro it was good, but it was like they dipped the cap in sugar.. And it stuck! I did have a few of the Nub cafe, and a lot of these unnamed vets still enjoy them, though i havent had one in a while.... I did see a seasonal i might try if i find a single.... Nub pumpkin spice!! What can i say... Im basic!
post #15 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:27 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth10 View Post

My girls' humidor is stocked up with javas, cao moon(somethings), kubas, and cherry bombs (I think they're called that).. The especially like the Java "mint chocolate" ones.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #16 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:27 PM
HUHHH??

Quote:
Hi all,

I’m a relative cigar noob, and I just opened my first box of cigars—some Drew Estate Isla del Sols. I noticed that the sticks were packed snugly in a bed of shredded brown filler. It smells and feels like tobacco. Is that what it actually is?

(I have no interest in smoking it, and I doubt it’d be wise to do so, but it smells wonderful!)

Just curious!
yes it is Tobacco common from Drew estate

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln
post #17 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
I did have a few of the Nub cafe, and a lot of these unnamed vets still enjoy them, though i havent had one in a while.... I did see a seasonal i might try if i find a single.... Nub pumpkin spice!! What can i say... Im basic!
Oh yeah--I forgot about the Nub Cafe! I haven't had the macchiato, but both the cappuccino and the espresso are very good.

I saw that pumpkin spice one, and there's another "holiday" one, too--the Winter Blend, I think--that looks pretty interesting!

post #18 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:40 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Oh yeah--I forgot about the Nub Cafe! I haven't had the macchiato, but both the cappuccino and the espresso are very good.

I saw that pumpkin spice one, and there's another "holiday" one, too--the Winter Blend, I think--that looks pretty interesting!
Ok I'm drawing the line at pumpkin spice..lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #19 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Not a Serious Person

Oh good gravy...I forgot we were heading into the season formerly known as autumn. It's turned into Pumpkinspiceumn.

Me? I boycott. If we don't resist the scourge that is Pumpkin Spice, we risk losing the other seasons too.
huffer33 and greypilgrim76 like this.
post #20 of 26 Old 09-03-2018, 10:57 PM
No longer a community member.

I am all about pumpkin pie. That is as far as my pumpkin-flavored indulgences go.
JohnBrody15 and OneStrangeOne like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page