Cigar Discussion Forums

Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/)
-   Cigar Puffers Introduction Forum (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/cigar-puffers-introduction-forum/)
-   -   Getting my feet wet in Monterey CA.... (https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/cigar-puffers-introduction-forum/63064-getting-my-feet-wet-monterey-ca.html)

BirthdayBoy 01-19-2008 06:10 PM

Getting my feet wet in Monterey CA....

So, I'm about three weeks into a very serious love affair with cigars...

I've always been a big fan of tobacco. I smoked cigarettes for maybe 15 years, and made my own for the last five because of the difference in quality. I had smoked cigars and enjoyed them plenty in the past. I even, on rare occasions, enjoyed smokeless tobacco. But almost a year ago I started smoking pipes, and I guess doing so taught me a new appreciation for the various nuances of tobacco, because when the (amazing) girlfriend bought me a Camacho Triple Maduro for Christmas, I was blown away.

Holy Cow! Cigars are amazing! I ended up quitting cigarettes, not because they're unhealthy or a filthy habit or anything, but because I needed to spend the money on cigars! I have no intention of giving up my pipes though, I love my pipes.

Anyways, cigars are awesome, you guys are awesome, commas are awesome, I've learned a ton of stuff around here already, hopefully I'll have some insight to share soon.

icehog3 01-19-2008 06:11 PM

Re: Getting my feet wet in Monterey CA....

Welcome to the Jungle!

NCRadioMan 01-19-2008 06:16 PM

Welcome to CS!!

RPB67 01-19-2008 06:19 PM

Hello and welcome to Club Stogie !

Blaylock 01-19-2008 06:19 PM

Welcome and glad to have you here!

massphatness 01-19-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirthdayBoy (Post 1401110)
commas are awesome

Welcome to the Jungle! Given your penchant for commas, please check out our sister site: ClubComma.com

Enjoy!

BirthdayBoy 01-19-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1401160)
Welcome to the Jungle! Given your penchant for commas, please check out our sister site: ClubComma.com

Enjoy!

You mean: ClubComma,com?

tzaddi 01-19-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirthdayBoy (Post 1401110)
...hopefully I'll have some insight to share soon.

Welcome, nice town, nice peninsula, nice bay. We have an excellent pipe forum here as well :pp, check it out if you haven't already.

BTW, thanks for sharing your insights concerning tobacco and your adventures concerning it. :)

gnukfu 01-19-2008 07:52 PM

Welcome to the machine!

stevefrench 01-19-2008 08:40 PM

Welcome to Club Stogie.:)