Getting my feet wet in Monterey CA.... - Page 3 - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 PM

Re: Getting my feet wet in Monterey CA....

welcome to the jungle! while doing RYO's did you ever make your own blends? i fooled around with it for a while and gave up cause it wasnt workin to well for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarMonkel View Post
welcome to the jungle! while doing RYO's did you ever make your own blends? i fooled around with it for a while and gave up cause it wasnt workin to well for me.
No, but I did confuse my pipe tobacco with my cigarette tobacco in the dark on many occasions... This was with one of those big ol' hand-crank tube stuffing machines... It was kinda like drinking slightly spoiled milk. It took a while to notice, but once you did it was repulsive.... This kinda put a damper on any ambitions I might have had to experiment with latakia cigarettes.

Mostly I smoked the Stokkebye cigarette tobaccos, they've got a pretty good selection across the board. Others of note were Zig-zag full flavor, and Bali-Shag.
post #23 of 30 Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Call me a SOB

Welcome to Club Stogie!

post #24 of 30 Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the Club, BirthdayBoy!!!:bl

You missed a great Herf in Brentwood yesterday!!!

Now that you're a member check out the Herf Information Board and in particular: http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123620

I get down to your town at least once or twice a year. Unlike the other Darrell, I love your town.

I hope you enjoy the time you spend here, I hope you get to know a lot of great Gorillas, I think you will find that this is a friendly bunch, and very generous, just in the past two weeks I have attended two Herfs and received a lot of nice sticks that will take me weeks to enjoy. As you can see I am proficient in the use of commas, as well!

The Other Darrell with double LL's

Bay Area Brother Of The Leaf For Life
post #25 of 30 Old 01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
A$ylum MassHole!

Send a message via AIM to dunng Send a message via Yahoo to dunng

Welcome to the Jungle!

"Never trust a MassHole offering to send you anything..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #26 of 30 Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitacre View Post
Welcome to the Club, BirthdayBoy!!!:bl

You missed a great Herf in Brentwood yesterday!!!

Now that you're a member check out the Herf Information Board and in particular: http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123620

I get down to your town at least once or twice a year. Unlike the other Darrell, I love your town.

I hope you enjoy the time you spend here, I hope you get to know a lot of great Gorillas, I think you will find that this is a friendly bunch, and very generous, just in the past two weeks I have attended two Herfs and received a lot of nice sticks that will take me weeks to enjoy. As you can see I am proficient in the use of commas, as well!

The Other Darrell with double LL's
Wow, looks like you had a great time! I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one!
post #27 of 30 Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 AM

wElcomE tO the jUngle...:tu

pull up a chair, light up a double corona or a churchill, and enjoy the ride...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THE STICKIES...

remember there almost no dumb questions... just dumb members i.e. ME!

PLEASE DO NOT NEED MY LIONS, THEY ARE STILL CRANKY FROM THE BAD HARICUT!
post #28 of 30 Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthdayBoy View Post
So, I'm about three weeks into a very serious love affair with cigars... Anyways, cigars are awesome, you guys are awesome, commas are awesome, I've learned a ton of stuff around here already, hopefully I'll have some insight to share soon.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda in to exclamation points myself Welcome aboard BB. Great gorillas and information on the site.

Will be up your way the week of March 17th at the Monterey Hyatt for a seminar. Is there a good B&M you can recommend to visit during my stay?
post #29 of 30 Old 01-27-2008, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda in to exclamation points myself Welcome aboard BB. Great gorillas and information on the site.

Will be up your way the week of March 17th at the Monterey Hyatt for a seminar. Is there a good B&M you can recommend to visit during my stay?
Hellam's Tobacco Shop on Alvarado is the only real tobacconist in Monterey. They're a little pricey, but have a decent selection of both cigars and pipes, and were Peter Stokkebyes local tobacconist when he lived here.

Nearby there are also the Carmel Pipe Shop, and The Humidor in Carmel. Carmel Pipe Shop, in downtown Carmel, is a must for anyone with even a passing interest in pipes, and also have a small, but very reasonably priced selection of cigars along one wall of their closet sized space. The Humidor, located in the Crossroads shopping center, has an excellent selection of cigars at fair prices, as well as fancy Ashton humidors and such.
post #30 of 30 Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 PM

Welcome to the Club! :tu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
feet, monterey, wet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page