Hello from the past, down in Georgia. - Cigar Discussion Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Hello from the past, down in Georgia.

Dipping my toes back into the world of cigars here the last couple of weeks, kind of reintroducing myself to the online presence.

I hung out here back in 2014 and some time before that. Got to looking back through some of my old posts and remembering what a blast it was to be able to hang out and chat with others with the same interests. Spread some joy, receive some joy in the form of bombing. Even managed to get some members hooked on Boveda products, myself included, by pushing out some contests and give away threads. Always thought those were some of the best parts of the family we had back then. -Being able to grant some "wishes" on things people wanted but couldn't find or afford themselves.

Not too sure I can delve that deep into the world again, but certainly brings back some great memories and a desire to get back into the whole community aspect! I stopped smoking cigars not terribly long after I left puff due to issues that arose around that time. A little into 2015 I kind of vanished from the online communities in general, and cigar smoking all together. Kept all of my stash though. Stored in a wine cooler, kept in the 62-65 range to age for these last 5+ years, mostly maintenance free thanks to those darn Boveda. Even now I have to sing their praises for keeping it so simple.. LOL

Around Puff, I don't really know that I will know very many - if any - of the current active members for being away so long. But I'd like to slowly get to know everyone again when I have the free time. So, hello to you all! Hope to become a fairly active and hopefully productive member of your community again, as I venture back into the bank breaking, rare chasing world of cigars.

A little about me, aside from all that history junk: My name is Michael. I live in a small town/city down in Georgia. Some of my favorite brands back then were just about anything Tatuaje. Certain Illusiones, Drew Estates Nica Rustica was pretty new, but was quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I always enjoyed hunting some boutiques, never chased a whole lot of "unicorns" but was always happy when one came across my desk. Smaller ring gauges are my preference. Coronas, Petites, Lanceros, Pantelas.. I didn't venture too far over 46ish, unless required because a cigar I was trying didn't come that small. Think that preference will stay the same as I get back into smoking (once I'm over a small cold!)

So, hello again Puff! Good to be back and see you flourishing again after these five or six years away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 05:34 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Welcome back..

Dipping your toe?? You know that's not how things work around here.. Lol

Sent from. .. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.. YA JAGGOFFS
Cigary and Ranger0282 like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 06:18 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Welcome, great to have another veteran aficionado around. I am fairly new myself, but enjoy the forum and members everyday.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin

post #4 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 07:21 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Welcome back,

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #5 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 07:36 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

welcome back

Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm...
post #6 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 08:29 AM
S&W
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Welcome from NC
post #7 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 09:12 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Welcome back brother
post #8 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 09:36 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome back Bro

Sent from the place that warmth has forgotten!

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
post #9 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 11:30 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome back!

Win or lose, we booze.
post #10 of 21 Old 01-22-2020, 11:45 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

Welcome back

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page