What was the very first cigar you smoked when you started to get into cigars? - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Irish Puffer

What was the very first cigar you smoked when you started to get into cigars?

If you have read my intro and "about me" post, you already know how I got back into cigars. My very first one that I smoked when getting back into this was a Macanudo 1968 Toro.

I was sitting on the small front patio of the house we had just moved into 2 weeks before. Ironically, I moved into the house across the street from the home I grew up in. This house I am in is an old neighbor of mine.

As I sat there and enjoyed the cigar, waved to a few of the old neighbors I know, looked around and took in the sounds and scenery, I realized what a wonderful time I was having.

It was then I said to myself, "I am home again" and smoking that cigar was just a little bit better.

Of course I spend a lot more evenings out there now, or in the "man cave", the garage.

So, whats your first cigar and/or story?.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: What was the very first cigar you smoked when you started to get into cigars?

Mac '68, AWESOME smoke!

Mine...many moons ago was a nice little "Al Capone"...

Join the NRA, ask me WHY! :cb CCF on Facebook
post #3 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Re: What was the very first cigar you smoked when you started to get into cigars?

mine was a Fuente.....can't recall which one, but I was in college and man was it good, the flavor was so good, it was one of those cigars that make you say "now that's a cigar'', I must have gotten lucky and grabbed one from the B&M that had rested long enough and was in perfect condition to smoke......nothing like that first "cigar high"

If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions:spank::spank:

post #4 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM
No longer a community member.

first one i ever purchased, and when i first got into cigars, was an ACID 1400CC.
I prompty bought a bunch of singles from famoussmoke before i found puff, CI, cigar.com etc. and didnt know abotu "samplers" so i paid like $100 for about ~25 cigars, which actually averaged out not much worse than if i got the cigars in samplers, but still. it was a funny noob mistake. I just picked random ones to try haha
post #5 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Wild in the Country

I first hit a Fuente Hemingway....It was all over them !
Very pleasant and I thought....

NOW I KNOW WHY people smoke these things !!
post #6 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I ♥ |_|D

Fuente Double Chateau Natural. Still love 'em & still have about half a box left on hand and will buy another one soon. It was also my first purchase. I remember keeping the band and the green foot band and bringing it with me to a B&M to make sure I got the right one.

I do what the voices in my head tell me to.
post #7 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

It was a Don Diego Tubo circa 1993ish. I didn't know any better.
post #8 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

If i remember correctly mine was a El Rey Del Mundo Rectangulare! Awesome Little smoke!
post #9 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
The Karate Squid

Man... I don't even remember. I think it was a Cuban I bought on a cruise ship. I'm certain I puked my guts out that night though.

Puff.com Rules - Please don't PM me for Cuban sources
post #10 of 23 Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Macanudo Hampton Court in a tube - not overly impressed but bought it at a B&M in Atlanta and that was the beginning of the slippery slope & my quest for the "perfect" cigar

I ain't fat! I'm just a little large for my size!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cigar, cigars, smoked, started

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page