New guy from St. Louis - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

New guy from St. Louis

Hey ya'll!

I was referred to this site by one of your members (FridayGT), and I figured I'd sign up and get to know everyone.

I'm fairly new to smoking (about 6 months to a year), so I'm still learning a lot and trying to experience everything that I can. I love to try new things, but, right now, my favorite cigars are Arturo Fuente, La Unica, and La Gloria Cubana.

I just bought my first humidor and I've stocked it with cigars. I'm always open to suggestions!

-Joel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: New guy from St. Louis

I was just in st. louis and stopped by hill top cigars it was a great shop. I would recommended to you if you haven't been by there yet.
Welcome
post #3 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pistonjosh View Post
I was just in st. louis and stopped by hill top cigars it was a great shop. I would recommended to you if you haven't been by there yet.
Welcome
Thanks man!

I haven't checked them out. I usually go to T&C tobacco, but I'll definitely swing by Hill Top!

Thanks!

post #4 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkins88 View Post
Hey ya'll!

I was referred to this site by one of your members (FridayGT), and I figured I'd sign up and get to know everyone.

I'm fairly new to smoking (about 6 months to a year), so I'm still learning a lot and trying to experience everything that I can. I love to try new things, but, right now, my favorite cigars are Arturo Fuente, La Unica, and La Gloria Cubana.

I just bought my first humidor and I've stocked it with cigars. I'm always open to suggestions!

-Joel
Welcome Joel! I just recently moved from STL to Dallas for school, hopefully you're stayin out of the heat. My hangout was The Hill Cigar Shop and Stanley's cigar bar...both far from my home in Ladue. Where's your spot?

Quote:
Welcome
Do you mean The Hill Cigar shop in the Hill?
post #5 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentimmy View Post
Welcome Joel! I just recently moved from STL to Dallas for school, hopefully you're stayin out of the heat. My hangout was The Hill Cigar Shop and Stanley's cigar bar...both far from my home in Ladue. Where's your spot?
I've never been to either of those... I usually shop at T&C tobacco, and if I want to smoke out somewhere, I go to Growler's and sit on the patio... Good beer + good cigar = winning.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Check out Stanley's downtown...they have great stuff on tap, plasmas, comfortable seating, and a great atmosphere. Enjoy your stay here man!
post #7 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentimmy View Post
Check out Stanley's downtown...they have great stuff on tap, plasmas, comfortable seating, and a great atmosphere. Enjoy your stay here man!
Sounds good man! It's a bit of a trek for me (I'm out in Fentonish area), but it sounds like a good time.

Thanks!
post #8 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

nice to see someone else from the STL area. I'm right across the river from you. Welcome to the boards!

I intend to smoke a good cigar to the glory of God before I go to bed tonight. - C. H. Spurgeon
post #9 of 16 Old 07-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Ya the hill thats the one. Sorry that was the only time I had been there. They had some af w.o.a.m and lots of LFDs some nice htf, o and they had some opus power rangers if you like those.
post #10 of 16 Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Ya the hill thats the one. Sorry that was the only time I had been there. They had some af w.o.a.m and lots of LFDs some nice htf, o and they had some opus power rangers if you like those.
that's the place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
guy, louis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page