Cigar Forums banner

Reunion Blind PIF

11K views 335 replies 22 participants last post by  MyFatherFan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

This is it! This is a PIF open to all participants going back to 5/4/2016, PLUS any well established Puff members.

The rules:
1 . Send me @poppajon75 a PM with "Reunion Blind PIF" in the subject line. Include your username and, address you wish to receive your PIF.

2. Everyone will be randomly assigned a target once all names are in. Once you receive your target please do not let them know. This is a "Blind PIF".

3. Have your package ready for shipment on the designated send date so that everyone will, hopefully, receive their package the same day. Shipping must be via USPS Priority Mail.

4. Once you receive your PIF seek medical attention as needed then please post pics of the destruction. Everyone loves the pics from these. Also be kind to your sender and, leave them some feedback. It's always appreciated.

5. Most of all enjoy yourself.

Eligible members:
@MyFatherFan
@Hudabear
@fimpster
@konut
@MDinius
@Ranger0282
@UBC03
@eliot
@azmadurolover
@rockethead26
@Ams417
@Grey Goose
@Drummerguy1584
@Kyle Nugent
@BaconandEggs
@SoCal Gunner
@jgarcia9102
@TCstr8
@TheNakedGun
@Drmccoy
@WinsorHumidors
@JLee73
@Matthew Turner
@AZ330FZL
@Tedder87
@OneStrangeOne @MidwestToker
@ADRUNKK

If I missed anyone please let me know. Also open to well established Puff members not on this list.

11/08/2016 Tuesday: Participants are to have information PMed to @poppajon75 no later than Tuesday November 8th. This allows me time to PM everyone their target.

11/09/2016 Wednesday: Participants will receive PM advising member address to send their PIF to.

11/10/2016 Thursday: Participants will mail their PIFs so that everyone should receive them as early as Saturday.

Please be able to meet these dates to participate. [emoji106]

See less See more
Reactions: AZ330FZL
#115 ·
You can ship tomorrow or, Wednesday. Even if mailed Wednesday they should arrive by Saturday. With the election Tuesday and, Veterans Day Friday I just want to give everyone an opportunity to get theirs out. With this many people involved it'll be tricky to have them all arrive on the same day.

#116 ·
I'm still shipping Wednesday. I won't have time tomorrow. Gotta take my dad to vote. I know you think it takes two minutes. But if you do, you've never seen a group of guys in the mid seventies that only see each other every two years when they vote. I'll be getting everything out Wednesday morning.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reactions: poppajon75
#117 ·
No worries @UBC03. That's kind of the reason for the option. This is a busy week for most I'm sure. I for one will be ecstatic as long as everyone receives theirs. With the group we have here I have no doubts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

#120 ·
New development. There is a member not involved that would like to add a kick to this. This would free me to jump in if you guys would still have me in it.

Reactions: Regiampiero
#123 ·
The judge will be @TCstr8. He has offered a package to the participant who he feels exemplifies the PIF spirit. Thoughtfulness, humor and, just all around good spirit. @TCstr8 if you would like to elaborate please feel free and, thank you for your offer to do this [emoji106]

#124 ·
The mailing date will remain Wednesday the 9th as I don't want to add to any confusion with changing the dates anymore.

Can I get a flogging yet? [emoji6]

#128 ·
Since the spirit of the PIF is passing along cigars that you have enjoyed, I'll be choosing a Reunion PIF participant on overall thoughtfulness in their PIF package (humor goes a long way....). Best cigars, highest priced, etc. won't be taken into consideration. Sending a note (or a response in the thread) explaining why you sent what you did is always a nice addition as well.

I'll announce the winner on Monday after all the PIFs have been received.

Sound good?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#130 ·
#138 ·
I had to visit every page to Pm. No tracks to hide for me. I'm going to enjoy this. My target will never see it coming [emoji48]

I don't have those fancy flavored Swishers but, I can send a pack of Pall Malls and a 70's nudie mag with some of the pages already ear marked [emoji16]

Reactions: UBC03
#145 ·
Looking forward to following this. I've done a number of Beer It Forwards in my day, so this will be the first cigar themed one I've witnessed. We always struggled with people over sending and turning it into a pissing contest, so we placed limits on cost or amount. Interested to see what people send.

I like the Kick idea too!

#146 ·
I have a hard time believing that Anyone on This forum would be so crass as to oversend, myself I simply believe in being 'efficient' lets say for example I entered into a trade with someone that I had already planned on sending a thank you 'note' too, well of course I'm going to ship them in the same box! You also have to keep in mind that some of us don't math so good!

#147 ·
I wouldn't want to get in a pissing match with these guys. There's been some pretty over the top PIFs but, I think it's understood that everyone sends stuff that they enjoy. I've never really considered cost to be honest. I just send stuff that I actually smoke and, would smoke again. I also try to research a little to find out what someone leans toward or, maybe hadn't tried at all. I think if someone's counting pennies on these PIFs they're missing the whole idea.

#148 ·
I like passing on what I like. I've been smoking cigars with some regularity since I turned 18. I'm 35 now. Its amazing that I go into the local shop and can still find hundreds of cigars I've never smoked before. Even different vitolas, especially where the variable is ring gauge, can taste like different cigars. I hope that something I pass on becomes a part of the rotation for my target. I know that some of them might be less than pleasurable but some might be box-worthy too.

#149 ·
Just a friendly reminder that today is send off day.

On a side note, just because @TCstr8 is generously adding some kick to this doesn't mean I'm just going to not send a random to one of you guys still [emoji6] When the smoke settles that doesn't mean it's safe to go outside [emoji48]

Reactions: AZ330FZL
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.