Cigar Forums banner

Noobie Sampler Trade

331K views 10K replies 662 participants last post by  OneStrangeOne 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
.......:smoke2:Newbie Sampler Trade (NST):smoke2:

Eligibility Requirements

New Puffer (aka: NP) - NPs are new members with less than 3 months active participation on the board that have Private Messaging privileges (granted after 5 days, 10 posts)
-Members can participate ONCE as a New Puffer.
-NPs are encouraged to participate as Friendly Trading Puffers after they been a member for more than 3 months.

Friendly Trading Puffer (aka: FTP)- Established members with more than 6 months active participation on the board.

What is the Newbie Sampler Trade?

1.) Simply put, Establisted members (FTPs) offer to exchange a sampler of cigars with New Puffers (NPs).
2) The NP sends his/her package first to establish their status as a good faith participant on this board. This is to ensure that someone doesn't register for the simple purpose of 'mooching' cigars from the established members of this board. The NP should also give the FTP an idea of cigars that they enjoy. NPs should keep the value of their package to no more than about $60 (minimum of 5 cigars, max of 8.)
3) FTPs then send cigars worth a little more than what they receive. NP's are treated well in these trades. It should also be noted that newbie trades are NOT the appropriate place to send your "dog rockets" or cigars you would like to dispose of - from either end.
4.) It is also not the intention of this thread to see who can send the biggest or best package. Let's keep it fun and reasonable.
5.) Participants are encouraged to post pictures of the cigars they receive so that the NP gets credit for their effort, and the FTP is held accountable for sending quality cigars.
6) This is intended to be a one-sided trade. NPs should not try to "win". Please stick to the quantity and price guidelines.
7) Reminder to all participants: These trades are watched by the population of the forum at large.

The Rules

• Members post their desire to participate in the NST, either as an NP or FTP.
  • After being placed on the list, the NP will contact the FTP on the list (the one matching their number) to initiate a trade. ( If the New Puffers do not make contact with their trading partner within 3 day of signing up, they will be removed from the list and will have to sign up again in order to participate.)
  • The NP will post in this thread that they've contacted the FTP.
  • The next NP will contact the next FTP down the list and so on.
  • The NST Admin. will update the list and status of the trades on a regular basis.

The Process

1) The NP packages and sends their cigars (be sure your package includes your return address)
2) NP posts that the package is en route (preferably with a DC/Tracking Number)
3) Upon receipt of the package, the FTP acknowledges receipt (preferably with a picture)
4) FTP leaves trader feedback for the NP.
5) The FTP will post that the return package is en route (preferably with a DC/Tracking Number).
6) Upon receipt of the package, the NP will acknowledge receipt (preferably with a picture).
7) NP leaves trader feedback for the FTP.
8.) Finally, the Newbie and FTP relax in the comfort of a well completed trade... and enjoy their cigars!

See less See more
#3,354 ·
@tnlawyer has made contact and trade is underway. I have over 100 new sticks coming next week. Should be fun :biggrin:
I know... I have a few coming in myself... Blasted Devil Site got the Wifey and I good this week!!!!!!!

#3,355 ·
So I am late as heck putting up these pics but I have got my trade in from Chad aka ShotgunLuckey

View attachment 79565 View attachment 79566

Have not had most of them smokes that special ops has the coolest band
What a hit and there was a bag of chips that I ate and punch cutter that I put on my key chain

I can not wait to try that spice going to fire up the grill today and have a smoke and burgers with my new spice on

No what to return fire with

Thanks Chad for the very nice hit

Eric

#3,362 ·
Your going to put me to task beating that Southern hospitality huh? I will make sure you get sticks from my personal stash.
You have no idea....:laugh:

Should be blowing up your mailbox on Wednesday. Shipped today via USPS. Tracking number 9114 9011 2308 6308 8117 96

#3,363 ·
Possibly the most non noob bomb I have ever seen from @Horsefeathers .I hope you know this means WAR! Seriously man I am blown away by the quality of smokes, going to be tough to beat! The list
1. San cristobal Seleccion del sol fireplug
2.herrera esteli lonsdale
3. Ashton cabinet no 6
4. Cyb robusto
5. Cyb lonsdale
6. 1999 Connecticut (rocky Patel)
7. Camacho corro toro
8. Muwat (actually mailman must have smoked it lol)

In addition to the bad ass cigars this noob has the nerve to send me two bottles of my favorite beers and is enabling me to make a queens velvet! Will edit to add a picture in a min

Bottle Barware Wine Drink Glass bottle

#3,365 ·
Lol the Muwat wasn't in the box but no worries man I have a ton of them. Saw it was on the list just joking that the mailman must have smoked it lol. I'm thinking i may drop my package off in person due to the weight and how fragile my package will be . Im heading to the party source tomorrow so your place isn't far out of the way I may just drop it off at your door or I may ship it lol I'll let you know tomorrow

@Xspenceve Glad everything got there in one peace. I've never shipped bottles, so I was a little worried. Was something up with the mailman / MUWAT?

Edit: I did a little sleuthing on the beverages. :tu

#3,366 ·
Lol the Muwat wasn't in the box but no worries man I have a ton of them. Saw it was on the list just joking that the mailman must have smoked it lol. I'm thinking i may drop my package off in person due to the weight and how fragile my package will be . Im heading to the party source tomorrow so your place isn't far out of the way I may just drop it off at your door or I may ship it lol I'll let you know tomorrow
Wierd, I checked my herfador for the MUWAT, but it's not in there. :noidea: I'll see if I can figure out what happened, and I'll owe you one.

#3,372 ·
Yes. Yes I am. :biggrin:

@kwkenny 9505510536513227365731

Catch ( or duck, or run like hell...whatever :smoke2: )
I cant even express how excited I was when I opened this package! This was such an unbelievable bomb
Wood Publication Book Cylinder Metal

I am extremely grateful for this I wasn't expecting so many amazing sticks
Thank you so much Tobias I was truly impressed with this.
(not shown but I also got a small bottle of captain Morgans as well as a small bottle of Fighting cock whisky)

#3,373 ·
I cant even express how excited I was when I opened this package! This was such an unbelievable bomb
View attachment 45272
(not shown but I also got a small bottle of captain Morgans as well as a small bottle of Fighting cock whisky)
Glad they got there safely! I'm sure you saw what I sent Nate, you couldn't have thought I was going to abuse you any less could you? Enjoy friend.

#3,374 ·
View attachment 45272
Kyle, us old dogs have failing vision, I can see the super tasty 5 Vegas cask strength and the new PDR White Noise. Could you shoot off a list? Thanks bro'. CT

#3,375 ·
@doublej129 Picked up your package today from the PO... Thanks a bunch.. That was a nice hit :biggrin: Heres the pic, minus one that cant be shown in this forum!!! (hint hint)

Wood Cork Tints and shades Cigar Metal

And at the same time I sent yours off to you... I forgot to put on the note in the box.. That all of the sticks are at least 6 months old and kept in my coolidor at about 63 degress F... No tracking number but here is a copy of the reciept from the Post Office.. Sent Priority Mail International... Said should be there in about 4 to 5 days

Receipt Font Material property Paper Paper product

#3,376 ·
Kyle, us old dogs have failing vision, I can see the super tasty 5 Vegas cask strength and the new PDR White Noise. Could you shoot off a list? Thanks bro'. CT
Illusion MK Teaching Machine
Illusion Epernay le Elegance
JR Hoyo de Monterrey piramides
JR Montecristo Edmundo
Obsidian White Noise
Camacho Triple Maduro
MUWAT Baitfish
Macanudo Duke of York
Punch Upper Cut
Punch Bare Knuckle
Liga Privada Papas Fritas
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Dark Knight