Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 1779 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 39041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #17781 of 20733 Old 05-01-2019, 01:05 PM
HUHHH??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
All packed for the Chicago pipe show this weekend. Heading out tomorrow morning, about a 6 hour drive.
You look a little light on cigars there Scot. You should have doubled the amount you actually packed.
ScottyB likes this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17782 of 20733 Old 05-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacey View Post
You look a little light on cigars there Scot. You should have doubled the amount you actually packed.
@kacey - If you were coming I'd bring more :-)

“It’s just gone eight o’clock and time for the penguin on top of your television set to explode.”

Last edited by ScottyB; 05-01-2019 at 03:08 PM.
post #17783 of 20733 Old 05-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacket View Post
We just started getting bills in for my wife's one week stay and my son's 2 week stay in the NICU when he was born. Thankfully insurance is going to cover the majority of it, but holy damn.
My youngest was born 3 months early and was 2.5lbs. She was in the NICU at York Hospital (best one right in between Hershey and Hopkins). Our bill was just shy of $700k. Insurance paid just barely over $600k.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
huffer33 likes this.

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
post #17784 of 20733 Old 05-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Sunset in Port St. Joe tonight. Even amidst the devastation and destruction, it sure reminds you why people flock to this coast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190501_201427.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	589.1 KB
ID:	246218  

Name:	20190501_201500.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	246220  

Name:	20190501_201546.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	466.9 KB
ID:	246222  

Name:	20190501_223645.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	817.2 KB
ID:	246224  

Gumby-cr, Matt_21, Rondo and 5 others like this.
post #17785 of 20733 Old 05-02-2019, 01:14 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
My youngest was born 3 months early and was 2.5lbs. She was in the NICU at York Hospital (best one right in between Hershey and Hopkins). Our bill was just shy of $700k. Insurance paid just barely over $600k.

Damn brother, I feel for you there. Insurance has been giving me a bit of the run around due to clerical errors on their end. I imagine it will be resolved soon. We're up to 150k so no where close to where you ended up. That's crazy.
msmith1986 likes this.

GO BLUE!!
post #17786 of 20733 Old 05-02-2019, 02:05 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonger View Post
Sunset in Port St. Joe tonight. Even amidst the devastation and destruction, it sure reminds you why people flock to this coast.
Nice! Things are definitely different now but it's still beautiful. I had a trip over there planned for next month but now my job's trying to send me down south to a class that week. Hopefully I'll get back up here in time to stay at least one night.
greasemonger likes this.

One great big festering neon distraction
post #17787 of 20733 Old 05-02-2019, 08:14 AM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacket View Post
Damn brother, I feel for you there. Insurance has been giving me a bit of the run around due to clerical errors on their end. I imagine it will be resolved soon. We're up to 150k so no where close to where you ended up. That's crazy.
DAMN!
That blows my mind! I guess we (our maybe I) don't think about how nice it can be having the health care we have up here in Canada.
Good thing for insurance. But, you don't have to have health insurance down there right?
So someone who didn't have it would be stuck with the bill?!
post #17788 of 20733 Old 05-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_21 View Post
DAMN!
That blows my mind! I guess we (our maybe I) don't think about how nice it can be having the health care we have up here in Canada.
Good thing for insurance. But, you don't have to have health insurance down there right?
So someone who didn't have it would be stuck with the bill?!
Without getting too political, no you don't HAVE to have it, but obviously its a prudent decision. If you don't have the means to pay, theres indigent care, medicaid, and medicare (those in or nearing retirement). If you DO have what they consider to be the means to pay, they WILL get their money, but most places work with the patient. There's also great elective care and no wait, unless you're a veteran, and thats another whole messed up can of worms. We haven't racked up medical bills, but my premiums and deductibles are relatively low, and mostly subsidised by my employer and its worked out pretty well for us (hernia surgery on my schedule, an almost free c-section birth, and MCL surgery) that were relatively cheap after insurance.
msmith1986 and Rabidawise like this.
post #17789 of 20733 Old 05-02-2019, 04:08 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonger View Post
Without getting too political, no you don't HAVE to have it, but obviously its a prudent decision. If you don't have the means to pay, theres indigent care, medicaid, and medicare (those in or nearing retirement). If you DO have what they consider to be the means to pay, they WILL get their money, but most places work with the patient. There's also great elective care and no wait, unless you're a veteran, and thats another whole messed up can of worms. We haven't racked up medical bills, but my premiums and deductibles are relatively low, and mostly subsidised by my employer and its worked out pretty well for us (hernia surgery on my schedule, an almost free c-section birth, and MCL surgery) that were relatively cheap after insurance.
Oh. Ok. That gives me a better understanding. Thanks for the info.
post #17790 of 20733 Old 05-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Anyone else get the CFed email about the five Viaje releases and then not find any of them on the website?
blackrabbit and Hickorynut like this.

Go Ducks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page