Tear Jerker - Cigar Discussion Forums
 101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 06-22-2018, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Tear Jerker

I come stumbling into the bedroom this evening in excruciating pain from a past accident that pops up as a gift that keeps on giving, and I see a large box on the bed and the wife is sleeping. I look at it and ask myself why this box is here, and why does it have Jack's name on it? He already hit me with a ThriftyThursday bomb a month or two ago and I've really wanted to return the favor. Completely confused I reluctantly open it and find this box is full of goodies. Some awesome looking CCs, a fiver of A Flores Capa Habano, a pound or more of cigarette tobacco with 2 boxes of tubes, a secret Punch tube, and a hand written note regarding the rough time I've been having lately.
Now I'm not going to joke around about hands being blown off or anything. This package and note really made me cry. On a daily basis I feel the love, the brotherhood, the respect, the family we have here, and it brightens my day even when it feels like the world is crashing down on me, but this....this....words can't explain how I feel at the moment and tears are still flowing. I'm at a loss for words. I appreciate you guys so much and I don't know what I would do without all the encouraging words and great conversations we all share so often.
From my heart Jack @curmudgeonista, thank you brother

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Very nice Jack @curnudgeonista 👍👍👍👍👍
curmudgeonista, Fusion and Pag#11 like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #3 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 12:01 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf

That's Puff-Kin! Outstanding!

Sent from the Stoopid Factory HR Dept....

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary

post #4 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 12:05 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Gota love this place, well done Jack @curmudgeonista and take it easy Mat @msmith1986 you work far to much

I gently bent one each into my nostrils, then put the remaining one in my mouf. --droy1958
post #5 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I'm working on that. I've been trying to work even harder because attorney's aren't cheap. Thank God I have an attorney friend that's been helping me with paperwork so my costs aren't even higher. I'm brewing some coffee now, it's time I try to relax and have a smoke. You guys are truly an awesome family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
Gota love this place, well done Jack @curmudgeonista and take it easy Mat @msmith1986 you work far to much

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
post #6 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 12:30 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Tear Jerker

Good man Jack! We’re here for you Mat!

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late" - JB
post #7 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 01:02 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
I come stumbling into the bedroom this evening in excruciating pain from a past accident that pops up as a gift that keeps on giving, and I see a large box on the bed and the wife is sleeping. I look at it and ask myself why this box is here, and why does it have Jack's name on it? He already hit me with a ThriftyThursday bomb a month or two ago and I've really wanted to return the favor. Completely confused I reluctantly open it and find this box is full of goodies. Some awesome looking CCs, a fiver of A Flores Capa Habano, a pound or more of cigarette tobacco with 2 boxes of tubes, a secret Punch tube, and a hand written note regarding the rough time I've been having lately.
Now I'm not going to joke around about hands being blown off or anything. This package and note really made me cry. On a daily basis I feel the love, the brotherhood, the respect, the family we have here, and it brightens my day even when it feels like the world is crashing down on me, but this....this....words can't explain how I feel at the moment and tears are still flowing. I'm at a loss for words. I appreciate you guys so much and I don't know what I would do without all the encouraging words and great conversations we all share so often.
From my heart Jack @curmudgeonista, thank you brother

Awesome. . I have only been a member for 2 n 1/2 months and have met so many great people, done some great trades and have a few bombs coming my way. The generosity, helpfulness and kindness has been way more than I could have ever imagined. In a world that is losing all of the above and then some. I sleep better at night knowing there's still people that have the same values that I have. Wipe those tears from your eyes cause you are big part of this community.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
post #8 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I've been here over a year and never cease to be amazed. I've been generous to many over that year, but Jack is one that has a heart of gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pag#11 View Post
Awesome. . I have only been a member for 2 n 1/2 months and have met so many great people, done some great trades and have a few bombs coming my way. The generosity, helpfulness and kindness has been way more than I could have ever imagined. In a world that is losing all of the above and then some. I sleep better at night knowing there's still people that have the same values that I have. Wipe those tears from your eyes cause you are big part of this community.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

post #9 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 01:08 AM
Site Moderator

I love seeing this. I hope things get better for you.
post #10 of 27 Old 06-23-2018, 01:14 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Awesome job Jack! That put a smile on my face too. Hope things start to get better back issues are pretty hard for everyone involved wish you and your family the best sir!

Do not judge yourself by others yet judge yourself from the person you were yesterday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page