looking for a new lighter and cutter - Page 2 - Cigar Discussion Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 01-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I have the Colibri V and the Xikar V. Bothe are great but if I had to choose one it would be the Colibri because it gives a deeper cut. I keep a couple Vertigo lighters for $8 their amazing, lasting a couple years each. I have a Xikar soft flame that is great but I prefer single torche like the ST Dupont Maxi. I had the Mini but itís way too small. I have bought $100 lighters thet were junk so donít think price means quality.
Piper likes this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Thanks guys
post #13 of 17 Old 01-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
I had the Mini but itís way too small. I have bought $100 lighters thet were junk so donít think price means quality.
But quality means price - this way it's way more common.

post #14 of 17 Old 01-19-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

I agree
post #15 of 17 Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

When it comes to cutters, in all truth, I still use my Cuban crafters perfect cutter. I have a Xi1, and a colibri v, as well as a few punches. The Cuban crafters is what gets used most, it's also the first cutter I bought. All the others have their place, and I like them, i just use that one the most.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Peapaw likes this.
post #16 of 17 Old 01-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I have a 100 ct box of Stanley razor blades I bought about 10 years ago....still have about half of them left, they work great. Use the same half side until it gets dull then the other half side. I tried cutting a V shape in the end of my cigar with a razor blade once.....I wouldn't suggest it. My propane torch I use to solder pipes with works fine, it's a 12 burner. I have to hold my cigar 1/2 foot away to stop it from scorching but it will lite the heck out of the cigar. Where There Is a Ranger....There Is A Way.................

A really good friend here ( Dino ) got me a cutter and a Mod tool so I could upgrade to the 20th century. THANK YOU again. I kept them in the cup holder on the arm of my folding chair I use in my Explosion Proof Workshop where I always smoke my cigars. My son-in-law took the chair out to one of my hunting blinds so his son, my grandson, would have a chair to sit in to hunt deer. Nether made it back. The cutter and mod tool....not my grandson and dip-s$#@ S-I-L...............I looked all around where the blind was...nothing. I assume they fell out in the back of his pick-up. Which is 3 feet high in trash...I crap you not!!!!! He said he would look for them...that was a month ago.

Though I Be The Lone Survivor
post #17 of 17 Old 01-21-2019, 03:38 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0282 View Post
I have a 100 ct box of Stanley razor blades I bought about 10 years ago....still have about half of them left, they work great. Use the same half side until it gets dull then the other half side. I tried cutting a V shape in the end of my cigar with a razor blade once.....I wouldn't suggest it. My propane torch I use to solder pipes with works fine, it's a 12 burner. I have to hold my cigar 1/2 foot away to stop it from scorching but it will lite the heck out of the cigar. Where There Is a Ranger....There Is A Way.................

A really good friend here ( Dino ) got me a cutter and a Mod tool so I could upgrade to the 20th century. THANK YOU again. I kept them in the cup holder on the arm of my folding chair I use in my Explosion Proof Workshop where I always smoke my cigars. My son-in-law took the chair out to one of my hunting blinds so his son, my grandson, would have a chair to sit in to hunt deer. Nether made it back. The cutter and mod tool....not my grandson and dip-s$#@ S-I-L...............I looked all around where the blind was...nothing. I assume they fell out in the back of his pick-up. Which is 3 feet high in trash...I crap you not!!!!! He said he would look for them...that was a month ago.
Huh.. so it's like my truck.. I have more accessories floating around my truck than any smoke so around here..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ranger0282 likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page