Need some advice - Tupperador - Cigar Discussion Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-01-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Need some advice - Tupperador

My fiance and her parents are in Florida. I am headed down Thursday and I gave them a tupperador with 12 cigars, heartfelt beads (69% I think) and a digital hygrometer.

It is reading 80% humidity. What do I tell her to do? They don't have the ac on and from what I can tell the humidity is high down there. I gave her a bunch of my nice cigars and I'm worried about them now.

First experience using tupperware to store cigars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-01-2017, 11:16 PM
CAT WRANGLER

I'm assuming you wet the beads, put em in the Tupperware and sent em off.. You may of put too much water..

One option is to hit the beads with a blow dryer for a couple minutes and dry em out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Mario D likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 11 Old 04-01-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
I'm assuming you wet the beads, put em in the Tupperware and sent em off.. You may of put too much water..

One option is to hit the beads with a blow dryer for a couple minutes and dry em out.

Yes, yes I did. It is still winter here in WNY and I wasn't thinking. That is a great idea! Thank you!

post #4 of 11 Old 04-01-2017, 11:27 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Yes, yes I did. It is still winter here in WNY and I wasn't thinking. That is a great idea! Thank you!
No worries..just tell her to hit em till they're mostly white..You can make the adjustments when you get down there..

Enjoy yourself

Cigary and Kidvegas like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 11 Old 04-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

See if they have those little packs of silica...usually found in medicine bottles or shoe boxes...in a pinch a few of those little suckers can take RH down in a hurry. Tell your in-laws it's ok to use AC. I remember living in S. Florida for a year and while I'd be out for dinner ( early bird ) the temps would be around 80 and up and here come these grey hairs with their sweaters and light jackets on...wtf! I kept my AC going year round and here these crazy space aliens are wearing sweaters in the summer.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #6 of 11 Old 04-02-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
See if they have those little packs of silica...usually found in medicine bottles or shoe boxes...in a pinch a few of those little suckers can take RH down in a hurry. Tell your in-laws it's ok to use AC. I remember living in S. Florida for a year and while I'd be out for dinner ( early bird ) the temps would be around 80 and up and here come these grey hairs with their sweaters and light jackets on...wtf! I kept my AC going year round and here these crazy space aliens are wearing sweaters in the summer.
Another excellent idea thank you. I have no idea why they aren't using ac... It was 35* here when they left and it is 80* there. I would be dying
post #7 of 11 Old 04-02-2017, 11:08 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Another excellent idea thank you. I have no idea why they aren't using ac... It was 35* here when they left and it is 80* there. I would be dying
When I go to my parents in the summer, I call a few hours in advance so they can close the Windows and turn on the ac. It never happens. They'll only do if the dog "looks hot". If he seems fine, I sit and sweat.

The only reason they got ac a few years ago was because the dog got sick from the heat. The next week they had whole house air conditioning installed. My sisters and I suffered and complained for all those years but the dog convinced em in a day. Shows you were we rate.

post #8 of 11 Old 04-02-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
When I go to my parents in the summer, I call a few hours in advance so they can close the Windows and turn on the ac. It never happens. They'll only do if the dog "looks hot". If he seems fine, I sit and sweat.

The only reason they got ac a few years ago was because the dog got sick from the heat. The next week they had whole house air conditioning installed. My sisters and I suffered and complained for all those years but the dog convinced em in a day. Shows you were we rate.

Thanks for the laugh. It amazes me what we will do for our animals. I fed my German Shepherd raw the first two years of his life. Then I woke up, I was spending more to feed him than myself.
curmudgeonista and Kidvegas like this.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:

At least you know where you fall on the pecking order. My folks are the same way. "Hey pops! You got the AC on?"..."Sure do, it's set to 78".... WTF?!?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"If at first you don't succeed...quit trying and just wing it...." @UBC03
post #10 of 11 Old 04-02-2017, 12:08 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh. It amazes me what we will do for our animals. I fed my German Shepherd raw the first two years of his life. Then I woke up, I was spending more to feed him than myself.
Hell my great Dane has better health coverage than I do. 200$ deductible and no life time cap.

Cigary likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page