Sticky THIS! I Am Sick And Tired of Seeing Good BOTL Ripped OFF! - Page 8 - Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 76 Old 08-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Trout Bum

Re: Sticky THIS! I Am Sick And Tired of Seeing Good BOTL Ripped OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
-It's OK to simply read a thread that appears to be heading south, and have the willpower NOT to post to that thread.
Good advice! I will resist the temptation...DOH!!

<==That girl is not my wife. My wife is hotter than her, but doesn't smoke so I have to download these pictures from the internet.:twitch:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
-=)Resident Insomniac(=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
I've developed a fondness for GrtndpwrflOZ’s avatar.
Me too, Dave, but don't believe it. It's a lie! Every time I go to his house, his boobs are not nearly as perky, nor does he wear a cowboy hat. That color green is just awful for his complexion, too, although it might match his motorcycle.

Yeaaah, my only suggestion for noobs like I was/still am is to buy a small but functional humidor, fill it with cigars, see if you LIKE the hobby, then by the time you've smoked everything in it and begun re-stocking, you can make up your mind about which route to take, if you decide to keep with cigars:
make a larger investment in an heirloom-quality piece like WaxingMoon's
or
buy a cooler
unless you have the know-how to make your own box, that is

Did I fire 6 shots or only 5?
post #73 of 76 Old 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Disinterested

Well, I think this thread has certainly run it's course and served it's purpose.

It's refreshingly clear that nearly everyone here received my original intent, which was simply to provoke some thought on quality. While I am grateful for that, I never doubted it.

Like Dave (Blaylock) said, sure, it could have been worded a little more daintily, but as Dave, the Smelly one said, (I paraphrase) there was a hefty dose of tongue in cheek there too. Dave said, "that's just how Don talks". He's right, but the part he left out and the part nearly all of you know, is that there's never a serious and certainly not a malevolent tone engaged.

I am indeed "passionate" about cigars and their proper storage, but what I'm serious about is trying to do as good by those here as has been done by me by many sage cigar mentors of past days. It's the generosity of friends that perpetuates this hobby, not stuff you read in books. It's one BOTL sharing knowledge, sticks, tips, etc with another. That's what we all love about this hobby and what we like most about Puff. Puff is an outgrowth of the "BOTL-hood" that has permeated cigar smoking forever. It's been passed down for generations, and with a little "passion" and giving, will continue on in perpetuity.

Furthermore, as Dave (Blaylock) implied, there will never be a case when some one PM's me with ANY question, and thereby honors me with his trust, where I would turn away and not do my very best to help.

Thanks for reading everyone. I hope you got a good laugh and thought a little more about the best ways for you to store our little friends.

All the best to everyone!

Don

post #74 of 76 Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Ok, a newb's first post, but I did find the whole thread to be very informative considering I'm considering spending a few duckets on a new humi. Don's advice/delivery is appreciated, as were some of the other opinions. So thank you.

One thing I'm 100% certain of is that I could stare at Don's avatar for hours.
post #75 of 76 Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Hand me a Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleFester View Post
Ok, a newb's first post, but I did find the whole thread to be very informative considering I'm considering spending a few duckets on a new humi. Don's advice/delivery is appreciated, as were some of the other opinions. So thank you.

One thing I'm 100% certain of is that I could stare at Don's avatar for hours.
Welcome.
post #76 of 76 Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Wheni bought my humidor I knew that, due to it being made in china I could have problems. I usually try to buy mdae in American, but now a days harder to come by. Luckly I haven't had an issue with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
botl, good, ripped, sick, sticky, tired

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page