Charleston - The Smoking Lamp [Archive] - Cigar Discussion Forums

: Charleston - The Smoking Lamp

NakedYoga
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
The Smoking Lamp
401 King Street (across from Marion Square, beside the Francis Marion Hotel)
Charleston, SC 29403
(843) 577-7739

The Smoking Lamp has a great friendly staff who seem very knowledgeable about cigars. It's a cozy little spot, with only 4 or 5 tables at which to smoke. They carry some nice humidors, lighters, accessories, and a nice selection of sticks in a walk-in humi. They also sell wine and beer (only the craft stuff -- there's no Bud Light on tap), and is one of only a few businesses in Charleston where you may still legally smoke indoors, after the anti-smoking ordinance. Enjoy a smoke inside, or buy one and walk across the street to Marion Square on a nice day.

I always have a good experience there.

Swampfox21
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
didnt they just move? me and a few buddys went downtown the other day and couldnt find it, we felt alittle dumb asking for where it was in our own town.

jrizzo222
12-29-2008, 12:27 AM
I was just there over the weekend, they have a really cool terrace above the shop to enjoy a smoke, only downfall is you can not take any alcoholic beverages from the shop up there (bring a flask). But they do sell coffee, soda, and tea. They have the best tatuaje, cabaiguan, and Rocky Patel selection that I have seen in charleston. The store is very relaxing and their beer selection is excellent. Good place to go if your in the area.

BigJim
12-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Great Shop ... Great Staff ...
This is Jim from Kingston Cigar and I'll add my 2 cents that Lola, Debbie, and the rest of the staff there are great folks...

Nice place in every way - Top Notch Selections - and a fantastic place to hang out while in Downtown Charleston.

:ss

NakedYoga
12-29-2008, 12:27 PM
didnt they just move? me and a few buddys went downtown the other day and couldnt find it, we felt alittle dumb asking for where it was in our own town.

Nah, it's at the address I listed in the original post. I was there last Saturday to pick up a couple of singles and chat with the sales people. It's a little nondescript, compared to the other businesses on King Street. If you're going north on King Street, it's less than a block after you cross Calhoun. If you're looking at the front of the Francis Marion Hotel, the Smoking Lamp is the first or second shop on the right. The front door is usually open if the weather is decent (which is perfect in this 75+ degree "winter" we're having). You should definitely stop by; it's a great place, with a good selection of beer and wine (but no liquor).

Swampfox21
12-31-2008, 04:08 AM
COOL! this is perfect, my family business has their office on king. If they got Tatujue cigars im there... to bad I cant drink there being 20 just sucks